《 Preperations 》

850

HQ

I let out a breath. In one hour we were heading outside the walls. I was not looking forward to it.

Currently, I'm brushing the mane of my horse. Her mane, forelock, and tail is a dirty blonde color and her coat is a dark brown. I enjoyed these quiet moments with my horse. It calmed the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach. I sighed.

"Ready for the next expedition" I mumble as I softly ran the brush against her fur. The horse only 'neighs' in response. I laugh. I sigh and continue brushing. "I'm a bit nervous too" I admit to the horse.

"Ne Alenka, still talking to your horse before an expedition?" I turn around to see Petra smiling, leaning on the stable door. I roll my eyes and turn my attention to Lotus.

"Shut up" I say, smiling lightly to myself. Petra laughs.

"Im kidding, Im kidding" She trails off. "We're leaving in an hour, and nobody knew where you were. But you're always here with your horse before one, huh?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah. I get nervous and this just eases my nerves" I admit to my best friend. She laughs.

"An elite soldier getting nervous? Wow, I never thought I'd see the day" She laughs.

"Oh, shut it. Don't act like you don't get nervous. May I remind you what happened to your pants on our first expedition?" I counter back teasingly.

"Okay, okay" She puts her hands up in defeat. Petra leaves her spot against the stable door to stand straight. "I'm going to get a snack before we leave. Want to join?"

"No I'm fine" I decline. Petra only shrugs.

"Your loss" Petra says and starts to walk away. "I'll see you later!"

"Sure thing!" I call back. Once she leaves I turn back to the horse in front of me. "Lets start were we left off"

I brushed the horse's mane until it was tangle-free. And with that I put away the brush I was using. I walk back towards the horse. She was saddled up and ready to go. I give her a soft pat on her cheek.

"Hey" I look to see the owner of the voice, who was leaning on the stall door. Levi. Ever since the day in Levi's office, we became an item. It's something we both thought we should keep a secret. People may start to think I'll get special treatment and complain. Well, thats what Levi says anyways. Of course, I have dropped subtle hints towards Petra. I'm just waiting for her to figure it out. That way, she would have figured it out and I never told her.

"Hey. Came to wish me good luck?" I ask once I reach him. Levi shrugs.

"Something like that" then he pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around me. I feel my face heat up a bit, but hug him back nonetheless. "Be careful. You better come back in one piece." I laugh a bit.

"Is that a threat?"

"Maybe"

"How much soap do you wash your clothes with?" I joke as I inhale the chemicals that linger in his uniform.

"Why the hell are you smelling me?"

"Why are you so obsessed with cleaning?" I retort and Levi sighs.

"You're hopeless"

"So are you"I laugh. Levi hums in response.

We stay silent for a while, in each others arms, before Levi breaks it."Just be careful" he repeats.

"Yeah, you too" Then a feel a pair of familiar lips set themselves upon my temple. I smile at the touch.

~~~