// The Lost Soul //

“Even with the utterly lost, to whom life and death are equally jests, there are matters of which no jest can be made.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

-------------

I am Anna, a teacher, one sunny morning, when I was about to enter the school, I saw the bodyguard on the gate. I greeted him but he said nothing, like he didn't even notice me.

I went on and saw the janitor cleaning the floor. He looked so sad, I talked to him but he just continued on sweeping the floor without even looking at me. I'm wondering why, 'cos everytime I'm talking and looking at him, he looked so happy and cheerful, I wonder why. 

I greeted the other students but no effect-- they didn't even turn to look at me.

I turned on the faculty room, oh I remember, today was supposed to be the presentation we will be showing to the teachers to another school, but I saw a file on the desk and saw that the presentation is canceled. Why? 

I was supposed to be the one to represent the video we will be showing to the visitors, I worked hard for it. 

I'm really mad now, what is happening everywhere, when I went home the evening, I saw a funeral at our house. Oh my gosh, who is in there?

Then when I went in I saw my mother crying, the other teachers and friends I know were there too, all sad and lonely.

I also saw the janitor crying and the bodyguard I saw just this morning. I was really wondering why they're crying so I turned on to look who's on the coffin.

My mouth turned agape when I saw who's lying there. It was... me.

That explains everything that had happened today. I felt myself shivering. I scanned the house. There were many people, looking sad and sorrow seen in their eyes, I'm so sad seeing my loved ones like this, but I was sadder because I cannot comfort them, and I'm the reason behind it. 

"Today was supposed to be her presentation to the other school, but it was canceled because of what happened." My friend, Kristel said sadly.

Another visitor came, it was my cousin, Krish from a relatively remote area. She asked my Mom what happened, only then did I remember that incident.

"She was bumped by a car when he was on her way home yesterday," 

~END