// Shadow //

“We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.”

― Stephen King

 This is a based on a true story.

Enjoy!

[Sorry for the mistakes.] 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was taking care of my baby brother one morning when my aunt came and she said that she'll be the one to take care of him.

So I gave her my baby brother and I proceeded inside.

You know, there is a place in our house where the lights are often off and the light is only turned on if there are visitors or something.

My heart was thumping when I was about to walk there. There's a round table in there with some red couch on the side, and in the near corner of the room sat a statue. I felt cold suddenly.

And, I felt as if my foot were stuck on the floor, I can't move, I can't speak. I don't know what's happening.

And then my head turned on one room, it's my uncle's room, he doesn't live in here, he was actually in London that time, but he stays in that room whenever he goes at home for a vacation.

And, as I turned to looked at there...

.

.

.

I saw a man's shadow, it was purely black so I cannot see it clearly.

I was really, really shocked. It was as if I was about to collapse.

I can't scream. It's like something was stuck on my throat.

I stayed in that position for minutes until the shadow just faded slowly in the air.

I rubbed my eyes to see if the shadow is really gone.

And it is...

After that I ran and ran as fast as I can.. I'm really scared, I wanna go to my Mom already!

I heaved a sigh of relief when I found myself in my Mom's room.

I saw my older sister sitting on a chair and I told her what I saw.

Through my face and reaction, she believed it. Because I was already cold and my lips turned pale. It's like I was ill and sick. But no-- it's because I saw something.. Something strange. 

That day I can't sleep, it was as if the shadow was in a corner watching me..

I can't forget that day, that was the first time I saw something. I don't know what it is, maybe-- it's a ghost?

I don't even know if ghosts are true, but maybe that was just my imagination but-- that's impossible 'cause both my own two eyes saw it, it was real. And I didn't only see it, I felt it.

That was, like, 8 years ago but until now, I still have no idea who that man really is. My sister assumed it was my great grandfather, but I cannot force myself to believe it. 

And everytime I think about it, I can't help but feel shivers running down my spine.