A Midnight Stroll chp. 23

**********AMY'S POV**********

'Today is just another day' I told myself as I dragged my butt out of bed, there's nothing special about it. Why should there be, I've lost the love of my life, my parents were out of town, I wouldn't see Daniel for another three months, why should my birthday be anything more than another day, what was there to celebrate anyway besides my misery? I went to go shower and get ready. When I was done, I checked my phone. I had three new texts from Drew and a voicemail. I dialed my voicemail and heard his voice. I almost flinched, it had been so long since I had heard him talk, and I had been avoiding him at school.

"Happy birthday Amy, I know it's been a long time since we talked and I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I hope we can still be friends. Call me if you can, I love you, bye"

The message ended. I wished we could still be friends but being near him just hurt too much. I sighed and snapped my phone shut and went downstairs to get breakfast. I sat down at the table with a bowl of cereal in front of me and Liam came running down the stairs.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!" said Liam as he crushed me into a bear hug

"Thanks" I mumbled "But you don't really need to make anything special about it, it's just another day"

"Are you kidding, we have to celebrate! It only comes once a year plus your seventeen now and that only happens once too!"

I sighed, for years Liam paid no attention to my birthday and the one time I don't want him to, he does

"Fine but nothing big"

"Awesome, I made you a cake"

"Seriously, you made me a cake?!"

"Yeah, I called mom and asked her for the recipe" he said as he walked over to the fridge and pulled out what looked like a squashed hat covered in frosting. He set it on the table in front of me and put a candle in it. "Sorry it's not that good looking, I kind of messed up, but it tastes good"

I just stared at him in shock, never in my life did I think Liam would so something as kind as this. "Wow Liam, thank you"

"You're welcome, not make a wish" he said lighting the candle

I closed my eyes. 'I wish I could have Drew back and he never cheated on me' I thought and blew. I opened my eyes, yeah; like that wish was going to come true. I sighed and got up from the table.

"Where are you going? You haven't even tried the cake yet" said Liam

"Fine" I grabbed a fork and took a bite. It tasted awful but I didn't want to hurt Liam's feelings. "It's really good" I said giving him a fake smile. He smiled back looking proud of himself. "Well, bye, I got to get to school"

"Ok, see ya" he said and walked back to the stairs.

I went out to my car and drove to school. I was seventeen today and a senior. Wow was all I could think. I didn't let myself get too happy, it was just another day. I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. The second I got out, I was crushed unto a hug. I stood still until I realized it was Chase.

"Happy birthday Amy!" she screeched still holding on to me.

"Tha..."

"Oh, sorry" she said letting go of me when she realized I couldn't breathe

"Thanks"

She smiled. Then I was crushed into another hug by Kyle

"Happy birthday Amy!"

"Thanks Kyle"

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and took it out. I looked at the caller id to see it was Daniel. I smiled and opened the phone.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday Amy!!"

"Thanks"

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there but I have to graduate sooner or later. So what are you doing for your big day? Is Drew taking you somewhere special? Hmmm?"

I gulped. Daniel still didn't know about Drew, I had never told him.

"Umm, yeah, he won't tell me though" I hoped he believed me, I was always a bad liar and I really didn't want to explain what happened to him.

"Well I hope you have fun. I'll see you soon"

"Ok, bye" I snapped my phone shut and took a deep breath. I wasn't going to let him get to me again. I started to walk towards the school and Chase and Kyle followed me. I walked in and over to my locker. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I opened it to see a text from my parents

'Happy birthday baby girl. We miss you and were sorry we couldn't be there. Tell Drew we said hi. Love you

-Mom+Dad'

I sighed and closed my phone. Why did everyone care so much about Drew?! I opened my locker to get my books and the bell rang. I stalked off to class. The day went by as usual with the occasional person saying happy birthday but I didn't really care. At the end of the day I dragged myself back to my locker and put my books back. Just as I was about to leave, I saw Tiffany being dragged over towards me by a guy who looked to be about in his forties.

"What do you want?" I sneered

"Well to be honest, nothing" she sneered back. She turned around only to have the man give her a stern look. She sighed. "Fine, I came to apologize"

"Apologize? For what? Oh wait, let's see for sleeping with my boyfriend?!!" I screeched

"I never slept with him!" she sighed again. "No, I wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened between you and Drew. The whole thing was my fault, I snuck into his room, I kissed him, he had nothing to do with it so please don't blame any of this in him, blame it on me" she looked away, a tear running down her cheek

"Oh, um wow" I didn't expect this to happen, why would Tiffany do something like this, I wonder if Drew put her up to this. "Did Drew put you up to this!"

"No" she said quietly. "Drew didn't put me up to this, I'm apologizing because I feel bad and you shouldn't have to suffer because of something I did"

"Oh, well thank you but I still done know if..."

"Look, Drew really loves you and I know you do too, don't let something stupid I did get in the way of you guys"

"Thank you Tiffany, I know it must have took a lot to do something nice like this"

"You're welcome, and it did, if you ever tell anyone, I'll punch you in the face" she said giving me a cold look. The man behind her had a proud look on his face.

"I won't, don't worry" I said and ran off. I had to find Drew and tell him I was sorry. He was telling me the truth the whole time and I was so stupid for not believing him. Why would Drew lie to me? Ugg, I should have trusted him. I felt so stupid, I let Tiffany get to me and I had almost lost the one most important thing in my life. I hoped he would forgive me for all of my crap. I must have put him through hell. I ran down the halls and around corners but couldn't find him anywhere. I hoped he hadn't left yet, I needed to talk to him now. I finally found him standing by the guys locker rooms. I ran up to him and almost jumped on him giving him a big hug. I started crying into his shoulder.

"Amy, what the hell" he said holding onto me so I didn't fall. I kept sobbing into his shirt.

"D-drew I'm s-so sorry"