15

Courtney's POV

"Court." I was be shooken awake. "We're in St. Paul."

"Mhmm." I rolled over and ran my face into something. I opened my eyes and saw plaid. My car doesn't have plaid. Oh god I was kidnapped.

"Court." Oh good. That's Liam's voice.
I looked up and saw that I was on Seth's lap. Oh that little piece of-

"Courtney!"

"What?" I sat up and we're in a parking lot.

"Let's go." Liam said in a duh tone. I threw on my hat and followed my brother. I can't believe Seth did that. That sneaky piece of crap.

Seth held the door and I walked in. I remember being here a few months ago when we had found Katie for the first time.

"How did you guys get here that fast?" We turned around and saw the detective who had her case a few months ago. Oh what's his name.

"Huh?" Liam asked. He said what we were all thinking.

"I'll be right back. Don't move." All four of us turned toward each other.

"Did you understand that?" Barret asked.

"Nope." Liam added.

"Courtney?" We all turned and there was Katie standing at the other end of the room.

"Katie!" I ran toward her. I don't think the boys knew what was happening.

She ran toward me and I pulled her into my arms.

"Courtney." She started to cry.

"Kay." I then heard footseps behind me.

I pulled back from her, "I'm sorry."

"Me too." I pulled her into a hug again and kissed her forehead. I could sense an uneasy Liam behind me so I let her go.

"Liam." And he knew his cue. He picked up his sister and pulled her into a hug.

Seth came next to me and pulled me into a hug. I don't know what I'm thinking. I can't let him in again. I pulled out my phone and hit 'call mom'. I pulled away from Seth and mom answered on the first ring.

"Courtney?"

"Hey mom."

"Are you in-"

"Yeah. I just hugged Katie."

"We just got to the Minnesota and Iowa border. We'll see you in a few hours."

"I'm sorry mom."

"I'm sorry too, Court. Love you."

"Love you too mom." I hung up and walked back over toward my brother and sister.

I could tell Barret was hurt, Katie hadn't acknowledged him yet.

"I wanna go home Court." Katie told me smiling.

"Mom and dad are about two and a half hours away."

"Mom and dad?" Katie's smile widened.

"Yeah."

"Courtney." I turned around to the detective. "Can we speak?"

"Of course." He thinks i'm older than Liam. Ha!

Katie's POV

I saw Courtney's blond hair across the room. She smelled like cinnamon, home.

Liam about squeezed the life outta me but I missed him too. I wonder why Barret and Seth are here?

I walked slowly over toward Barret. "Hey Mary Kate." I sat on the bench next to him.

"You had us worried." He didn't look up at me. Wait. Is he crying?

I automatically felt bad, he's crying and it's my fault. I pulled him into a hug. He slowly put his arms around me, finishing the hug. He smelled like home. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I started to cry.

"Me too." He slightly leaned back and kisses my cheek. "I'll be back." He got up and walked toward the restrooms.

Oh god.

He kissed my cheek.

Holy cheese.

"Quit looking like that." Liam gave me a look and sat next to me.

I felt a blush on my cheeks and turned my face into his shoulder."Liam." I whinned.

I could hear him and feel him laughing. And I bet it's the first time he's laughed in weeks.

Seth walked over and handed me a bag of chips. "Thanks so much!" I exclaimed, wasting no time I opened the bag.

"I figured she was hungry."

"You were so correct. Thanks!" I said with my mouth full. Liam and Seth just laughed.

It was one thing to wear neon colors to a funeral, but you could see her blonde hair from across the room. "Mom!" I ran and tackled her and dad. "Dad!"

"Katie!" They cheered in unison. Mom smelled like that shampoo, I've learned to love and dad smelled like cherry car freshener from his car.

They pulled back and mom touched my cheek. "How are you?" She asked.

"I wanna go home."

"We'll see what we can do Katie." Dad squeezed my shoulder and then walked toward the detective talking to Courtney. Mom gave me another good hug and followed after him. She kept an eye on me though.

I went and sat back next to Liam and leaned my head on his shoulder and finally let myself breathe.

I was safe. I was home