The Secret Life of Her

Her head had a constant ache. It didn't feel like it was anywhere in particular, but every time she thought about even the slightest of things, the ache would throb just a hair more. The new pharmaceutical didn't touch her like the placebo, she was experiencing it working in real time, propelling her to speak out the subjects she was holding so close to her heart for all those years. She felt lighter, her inner thoughts were brought out so easily, was this how a normal girl should feel and think like? A weightless abyss flowed gently over her body. Never in her life had she experienced something this...

*•*•*

There she was, her tears streaming down her flushed cheeks like flowing rivers. It was caused by fear. They wouldn't know what they did or didn't do to hurt her, this was only because she was too afraid to stand up for what she thought was right and/or wrong. It was mentally exhausting and challenging to hold in what you think of others, situations, beliefs, and yourself. No matter how had she tried to start a conversation with others, she couldn't bring herself to speak her over active mind. Fear enveloped her heart in a brooding crimson, shoving her back into her voiceless state of terror.

*•*•*

It was now a different fear. What would they think of her different form of speech? Could she even speak clearly without tripping over the easiest of words? She had forgotten how easily it came before, she didn't even know what it felt like, to feel free from fear and terror. Not that it mattered. What and why was she even worried for? Her fear dissipated like hot air evaporating from a pot of boing water. Was this how she was supposed to feel?

*•*•*

They were idly chatting beside her with laughter and beaming smiles about her favourite sport, not that anyone even knew that it was. She wanted to connect and make brand new connections with others with similar interests and hobbies but what if she came off wrong? What if the judges her to harshly for what she said? I hat if they thought less of her? She decided against the social interaction. Why would they care what she thought and had to say about the subject anyway?

*•*•*

She couldn't believe what she was experiencing; Even in her dreams she had no idea it would feel this amazing to be this free. If she had to put her finger on one word that would describe this feeling, it would be rapturness; The feeling of overwhelming emotion of happiness. She felt like it was a miracle that she had no hope before today to obtaining. Tears of overwhelming sense emotion poured out of her grey eyes, that were sparkling like the stars that blessed her with this joy. She now knew what faith was. Faith was believing that miracles really do exist, and they can happen; Even when you least expect them too.

~~~