Chapter 8: Drowning In Ink

It took eleven hours to drive the kids home and eleven exhausting hours back. As he parked his car on the dewy grass just outside the house, the sun was just beginning to rise. He let out a groan and rubbed his eyes, drinking down the rest of his takeaway coffee.

The house creaked and groaned, silent as a mouse. Stanford walked up the steps and opened the door, peering in "Billy? Bud? The twins are gone now, it's just you and me, forever, just like I promised" he called out. The house was too dark for his vision impaired eyes. Stanford switched on the lights, his heart pounding as he stared at the walls:

 Stanford switched on the lights, his heart pounding as he stared at the walls:

Was written in ink, in big bulky letters. Stanford looked around, hoping to spot the demon "BILLY! COME ON OUT BUD! PLEASE!?"

He heard a grumble "Why should I?" Billy asked.

Stanford sat down on the sofa "Because I love you, and I want to apologize, the twins are gone now, come here" he said patting his knee. He heard a scuffle and a few seconds later Billy came walking out, his body back to its small original form. The demon stretched up and sat down on his leg, eye looking up at him "You look tired" Billy said, Stanford nodded "I've been driving all day and all night, just to get back to you" he said, gently poking him.

Billy grabbed his finger and pushed him back with a huff "Really?" he asked, Stanford nodded. The demon smiled softly, "Together forever, right?" he asked, his little black fingers wringing his cane.

Stanford nodded "That is unless other people want to come by, not to stay just to visit" Billy huffed "NO!" He growled loudly, Stanford sighed "All right, all right, calm down Billy, please?" the man asked, reaching out to stroke his sides, just the way Billy liked, too calm him down. But the demon pushed him away "Don't touch me!" he snapped, jumping off his leg and onto the sofa.

The demon clambered up the seat cushions and reached out a hand to the ink pipe running along the wall above it, phasing through it. His other hand wrapped quickly around Stanford, holding him in place. "I'm going to make sure no one! And I mean no one! Comes here again! Just you and me, forever! Like you promised!" Billy said angrily. Stanford gasped as he heard a loud crack, ink began to pour down. Billy tipped Stanford's head back as the man struggled.

"Open wide."

~

Evening approached, quiet and calm. Billy sat on the floor, watching his cartoon happily, munching on ink covered popcorn. His father sat on the sofa, face blank, body slack, ink dripping out his eyes, ears and nose like a gently overflowing sink.

He was a puppet on a string, never moving unless the demon wanted him too. Billy turned to him and smiled "This is my favorite cartoon Father!" the demon said with a beaming smile, his eye stretched up into a grin.

Deep inside his head Stanford screamed, pleaded and strained at the inky black chains holding him down. They were around his wrists, ankles and neck, keeping him secured inside. The cold liquid-y ground went up to his knees, pulsing, moving and lapping at his body like waves.

The man looked up into the blackness, black tears running down his face as he fought to free himself from the demons chain.

"BILLLLLYYYY!!!!"