05 | BURN

Hey guys!

Also, let me know in the comments who you guys see (in real life) as playing my characters. Your suggestion might become reality and a dedication will come your way too. I'm putting this one in your hands :)

Love you guys! Vote and comment for the next chapter!

❉ s a r a h ❉

*********************

05 | B U R N

"Eliana," someone whispered, instantly rousing me from my half sleep. Sensing that I wasn't in danger, I slowly opened my eyes, blinking to adjust to the light as I rolled over, frowning when I saw Emmett staring right back at me.

"What are you doing?" I murmured, noticing that he was kneeling by the bed, his chin resting on the mattress.

"I just wanted to let you know that it's morning," he shrugged nonchalantly, staring right into my eyes. "And breakfast is probably ready."

"Okay...Well thank you," I mumbled, turning onto my stomach before burying my head into the pillow.

"I also wanted to let you know that you're lying on the covers, not under them," he added and I knew he was still looking at my face as he said those words.

"What?" I groaned, not quite catching what he was saying. "So?"

"I tried to cover you with my blankets, but you just rolled onto those too," he continued and slowly, his words sunk in.

"Oh shoot!" my eyes widened in horror and I scrambled frantically to get off the sheets and under them again. This time, I also covered my head, attempting to hide from Emmett's amused grin. "Did you see?" I whispered, stiffening when Emmett laughed, carefully peeling the blanket back so that he could see my face while making sure the lower half of my body was covered from sight. "Don't answer that," I sighed, burying my head in my hands.

It wasn't like he would've been affected anyway.

"I've called someone to bring you clothes that will actually fit. They shouldn't have expected you to fit into men's clothes anyway. Not with your-"

"My what?" I snapped before he could finish, looking up at him with a scowl. He raised an eyebrow at my defensive response and took a step back, a knowing grin on the edge of his lips. I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment -he didn't need words to tell me what he meant. I quickly pulled the blankets up to my chin, nervously clearing my throat.

"I'll leave you to get dressed," he lifted an eyebrow before backing away, his chuckle following him as he left the room.

It didn't take me long to shower and by the time I finished, a pile of clothes was already neatly folded on the bed. I quickly changed into them and hurried outside, hesitating when I noticed Emmett was patiently waiting for me.

"Ready for breakfast?" he asked, his expression emotionless as he waved his hand as a gesture for me to go ahead.

"Yeah," I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat as we both began to walk. "So..." I trailed off, biting my lip as I prepared to ask the question that had been plaguing my thoughts since we'd arrived. "What've you been doing all of these years? Every time I've teleported close to you I-" I stopped, my cheeks warming as I stared straight ahead at the seemingly endless hallway to avoid Emmett's gaze.

"You always found yourself in a strange place, right?" he murmured softly, the sound of his voice as soothing as that of a trickling creek. "The spell transported you close enough to me that our bond was satisfied, but far enough that we wouldn't cross paths. It gave me time to hide if I needed to. I had to keep moving from place to place to stop them finding me," he quietly admitted.