Chapter 4

Its been two months since Niall discovered he was Victoria’s father, and he can safely say that those two months have been the most stressful months of his life. Every time he goes out of country, even if its just for the day, he freaks out that something may happen to Victoria and he wouldn’t be there for her or be able to get back. It doesn’t help that along with Niall’s freaking out, Liam and Danielle had also broken up, leaving him depressed as well. Needless to say, the past two months had been very long for the boys of One Direction. This week off was something they needed very desperately. 

“Can I wake him up now?” Niall heard. He thought it sounded like Victoria, but that wasn’t possible. There was a “Shhh” coming from someone else and then something was placed on his bed. Whatever it was started crawling upwards towards Niall and patted his face. “Daddy! Daddy!” he heard. He snapped his eyes open and turned around to see Victoria, dressed in plaid pink pajama bottoms and a white t-shirt with her hair down, sitting on her knees next to his face. Louis by now was laughing hysterically and so was Nurse Brooke who had brought her. 

“Hi baby… what are you doing out of the hospital?” he asked her, sitting up and kissing her forehead. He looked around the room and saw Louis and Brooke in the doorframe. 

“Well, Uncle Louis came to the hospital this morning, and he said that he wanted to take me home for the day! But I couldn’t leave without Brookie, so she came with us!” Victoria told him. 

“How about we let Daddy get changed, and we can give him the breakfast we made?” Louis asked Victoria. 

“Okay!” she said to him, running off of Niall’s bed and going to take Brooke’s hand to run back downstairs to get Niall’s breakfast ready. Brooke, Louis, Eleanor and Victoria had made breakfast for Niall to celebrate something very special that happened to Victoria earlier in the week. Victoria had improved so much that her doctor had taken her off the medication and was sending her home, for good. None of the other boys knew, and she had promised Brooke she wouldn’t say anything to any of them until later. 

Brooke had to admit, it was hurting her to see Victoria go. She had really gotten attached to her and all the boys, especially Niall. After their confrontation, Brooke and Niall had kept in touch a lot, constantly texting about Victoria, even meeting up outside of work sometimes. Brooke always mentally slapped herself for thinking so much bad of him when they first met, because he was an incredible person and an amazing dad to Victoria. She liked him, a lot. 

Niall felt the same way about her. At first he would meet up with her to discuss Victoria and her treatments, to get to know each other, then it became a weekly thing that they would go out and have some fun while they were at it. Niall was falling hard for Brooke, but it seemed to him as if she wanted to keep it simple for now. 

“Brookie, when can I tell him?” Victoria asked softly in her ear. She giggled. 

“When he finishes eating.” Brooke said to her, ruffling her hair softly. Victoria nodded happily as she pushed Niall’s plate of pancakes towards his seat and waited for him to come downstairs. Shortly after, Niall came downstairs. 

“Whoa.” he simply said once he saw all of the food in front of him. “What’s the special occasion?” he asked them.