2

"Come on April, the cart is here," Sammy shouts from the bottom of the stairs of our old house. "have you got your knife?" He asks knowing it my most treasured possession.

"Yup" i replied popping the 'p'.

"OK, get in the cart, i will get your bags." My brother said, this is why i loved him, he would treat me equally to men, its just he has been brought up, mom always believed in equality.

I jumped onto the nearly full cart, and waited as Sammy jumped on after and pulled up the wooden latch.

I sure will miss the country but it will be good and better to let mom and dad go, and we cant carry on living alone since Sammy got fired from his farm job, for having a fight with one of the stable bucks, mom said that the reason he got in so many fight was because he grew up with tommy Shelby, which was probably true, i had only met tommy once and i thought he was lovely and very handsome, he had these amazing blue eyes and a deep black country crossed with Irish accent, he taught me how to throw knifes at targets in the one week he stayed at ours, that was when Sammy decided that we was gonna move.

We where traveling for about 4 hours, but i ended up falling asleep on Sammy's shoulder, for most the journey. Sammy told me about aunt Paula and the pub that the Shelby's owned he also told me about how when he was younger Arthur the first taught them how to bare knuckle fight, and when he first started the peaky blinders with his sons, but then he abandoned them all so tommy took over because Arthur the second wouldn't be able to do it.

Before long we where in a town, the air was thick with smoke that the factories in the distance where bellowing out. Kids played on the street dodging the business men and formal adults.

"We're here ape." i heard Sammy say " get out and knock on the door while i get these out." he added, he motioned over to an big house attached to a pub, it looked to be about three stories high, and you could tell the pub was full. I walked over to the door and gulped before i knocked the door dreading a stranger to open the door, thinking how awkward that would be, but to my luck the door opened to tommy, whose mouth stretched out into a welcoming smile as he pulled me into a hug.

"Welcome home kid."