Chapter 3

If you had asked me how long I sat on that bench, missing one shoe, crying, swearing, in the rain, I could probably never give you an answer. There comes a point where you lose track of time so much that it doesn’t even feel like there is such a thing as time. Where every moment is exactly the same as the one before and the one coming, and that eventually forms into one massive blob of imperceptible time. Unless, of course, you were wearing a watch, which I lacked.

                An unmeasureable amount of time later, I felt the desire to go back home, to make another hot pocket, take a quick shower, and then go to bed. It sounded warm, comfortable, and more pleasant than continuing to sit in the rain.

                I rose from the bench, shoved my fists in the pockets of my drenched hoodie, and ventured down the sidewalk to home. I kept my eyes locked on my feet most of the way, thinking about how weird if felt to be walking with only one shoe on, and wondering how my lost footwear feels right now; drifting through a world of dark unknowing…

                Probably ten, maybe even five, or possibly twenty minutes later, I found myself gazing at my house. Warm, clean, and adequately pleasant inside…

                It came to my attention that my parents were not home from the office dinner yet, so it could therefore not be past eleven yet.

                I walked toward the home I had known for all of the 16 years I had ever existed. It was a two-story, simple Tudor-style house. A few trees cast cozy shadows over it and the yard, and made the whole thing just look homey. From the angle in which I approached the house, I could see a little bit into the dining room that I had a countless number of meals in throughout my lifetime. Directly above the dining area was Angelica’s room.

                Though it was dark outside and dark inside the house, I could still see into her room. The faint, yellowish glow of a nearby streetlight vaguely lit the inside of her room, but there was something blocking my view. It was large and blueish, and swinging back…and forth…very slowly…

                I stopped for a few seconds to stare at it.

                Then, I ran.

---

Hey thurrr :3 I hope you have been enjoying this so far; if you have, I encourage you to click the vote button or the fan thingy because it makes me happy :)! I haven't really done a whole lot of productive things today, so I might type out the next couple chapters, too.

Joke of the day: How do you know that carrots are good for your eyesight?

I shall answer with another question: Have you ever seen a rabbit with glasses?

Have a lovely day~