2

Christmas. An event that, supposedly, was a time of family and celebration. The snow falling softly onto the layered ice below your feet, the trees decorated with a white frosting as the life around you were in a time of reflection and piece. You'd walk down the street after a long hours shift at the local grocer's, sending "Christmas Wishes" to every person walking by with a spring in their step.

Christmas was once a merry time for you, but after growing up things got complicated. It was never something you were able to explain but the ideology of the Winter Celebration began to grow weeds as the poison spread through it like a virus. It was a season that you would rather not be a part of. While your eyes would begin to close on the late winter nights, you'd ask out to the spirits above to let you skip the holiday cheer and be placed somewhere more secluded from the festivities. And while you were grateful that you were heard, and listened to, you now wished to be snug in your bed as the duvet wrapped its feathery arms around you and the crackle of the burning wood engulfed the room and the soot burnt at your nose in a comforting way. But now the only burning on the tip of your nose was the glacial nip of the wind when you should have been drifting off to the hiss of the singed wooden planks at the foot of your bed.

Instead, you were in another world entirely. The snow was a soft pastel pink as it fell to the ground like candyfloss falling from the pink clouds themselves. The sky between the fleecy canopy was a gentle blue to pink gradient, with a prominent shade of purple. It was a wonder how anything could look so strange, and yet, so beautiful.

You knelt down into the snow and felt as the lively ice nipped at your un-gloved fingers, disproving the thought that this could be a dream. But it was in-fact not. Just as you began to , stand, a faint tug was felt beneath your feet. You knitted your brows together as you glared at the ground beneath you.

"What was that?" You mumbled to yourself while another tug almost pulled you off of your feet, knocking you off balance and forcing your arms out in a T-pose to regain your footing, watching as a small trail of snow collapsed in on itself as something was dragged out from beneath it. After a brief moments contemplation, you decided to follow the miniature trail, hiding behind a tree when the scurrying noise paused as if checking if it was being followed. Poking your head around the substantial tree-trunk, eyes following the track until its trail vanished. You shook your head in denial and assured yourself that the disappearance of the noise and continuation of the snow stream was nothing of concern.