Chapter 7

1 year later

Katelyn smiles as she finishes up her shift with Erin calling her cell phone.

"Hey Er"

"Can I meet you at Bella's after shift?"

"Yeah, I just finished shift, you wanna meet up now?"

"Please" The brunette responds, "I'll see you now"

She hangs up and Kate quickly grabs her bag. She puts on her engagement and wedding ring again – she had to take it off before surgery.

She drives off to Bella's Café and meets her best friend in the corner outside.

"I ordered you a latte"

"Thanks" Kate smiles, "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

Erin frowns, "I met a girl"

Kate frowns, "Are you trying to tell me you're a lesbian? Because I'm totally cool with it, I just have to know because our underwear dancing must stop the-"

"Shut up" Erin smiles and Kate laughs, "I like dick way too much. What I meant was I met a drug addicted prostitute, Nadia, and I want to help her... like Voight helped me"

"How did you meet her?"

"She was on a case. She's only 17, she's just a kid."

"What happened with her? I mean, where is she?"

"It happened last night, I took her to Western Lake Rehab, and I gave her a choice. She can go down the street or she can go to the dealer across the street."

I frown, "And she chose..."

"She chose the dealer."

I sigh and squeeze her hand, "I'm sorry Erin."

"I just wanted to be to her what Hank was to me"

"I know. You never know – she can come back, she knows there's a safe haven for her with you"

"I hope so. I really do" She whispers

**

Antonio's in the kitchen, busy 'cooking' when Kate gets back from her coffee date with Erin.

"Uh oh, do we still have a kitchen?"

"You're funny" he comments and leans down to kiss her.

"Why are you cooking? Did you do something wrong?"

"Hilarious" Antonio rolls his eyes and Kate laughs

"I'm doing something nice for my wife, is that a crime now?"

"No." Kate whispers and pulls Antonio down with the chain around his neck; she falls on the couch as Antonio hovers above her.

He presses his lips to her in a romantic kiss

"Thank you for making dinner" She says and pecks his lips; Antonio deepens the kiss until the married couple starts a make out session.

"Come on, food is getting cold"

"What did you make?"

Antonio blushes with a sheepish look on his face, "Mac and cheese"

Instead of laughing he was met with a kiss and a lovable adorning smile.

"I love mac and cheese"

Antonio smiles and pulls her into the kitchen, "I didn't have time to set the table"