chapter 2

A/N-HELLO!!! MYKAILA HERE!!! I don't really expect this story to go anywhere, but this is the second chapter. It was all though of off the top of my head again. I did re-read it though. I honestly don't like it very much... maybe I should start writing things down first... hhhmmm... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this. AND AGAIN ANYONE WHO READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE AUTHOR'S NOTE DESERVES RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS AND SUNSHINE AND UNICORNS!!!

P.S- Feedback in the comments are very much appreciated. I love anyone who reads this!!!

Michael let go of my wrist. We stopped walking as soon as we got to an old park. Kids stopped going to this park after a new one was built closer to the primary schools, but I'd know this park anyday. I used to came here all the time to clear my mind.

"Hello, Ashton," Michael says nervously as we sat down on the swings.

"Hi," I whisper back so quietly he can barely hear me.

"I'm so sorry about what happened back there. The day had barely started and Tyler and his stupid friends were already harassing you and I just got... really mad I guess. I'm sure everyone has seen the way they treat you everyday. I just felt like... enough was enough and I just..." Michael sighed. He seemed to be really struggling about what he wanted to say, but I understood.

I did something way out of my comfort zone after he told me that... I hugged him. I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck.

"It's f-f-fine, M-ichael. And-d th-tha-nk you... so much," I tried to tell him, but my stutter kept getting in the way.

He hugged me back tighly, his arms around my waist. "No problem, Ashton. And I didn't know you had a stutter. You don't have to talk if you don't want to," he said.

I nodded and blushed. I hated my stutter, but then again... what didn't I hate about myself?

Michael started talking again. "I know we've never acknowledged each other before, but I've seen you around a lot, and you usually seem a bit lonely. We could be friends if you want," he said calmly as if to not make me run away. He must have sensed my thoughts of this being some sort of sick joke because he then said, "I'm not joking, I pinky promise. And this is not a prank or anything. You can trust me. I swear with my life that I'm being honest." He held his pinky out to hook mine with it.

I stared at his pinky for a while before looking him in his deep green eyes. They held nothing but pure care and concern... for me.

I hooked my pinky with his and he smiled.

"Well, now that that's settled, wanna come over my house. I know it's Tuesday and a school night, but I have a new neighbor and he's staying over for the night. He could use some more friends other than just me, and I'm sure, from what I already know about him, you two would get along great," Michael smiled.

I smiled back... a real smile for the first in what has probably been years.

~~~~~

We arrived at Michael's house in about 10 minutes. I was glad it didn't take long because it was freezing out and all I had on was a thin sweater.

I looked around. His house was fairly average with a large kitchen and cozy looking living room. His room, I'm assuming, is upstairs considering the only rooms I saw down here were the kitchen, living room, and another room that looked like a study.

"So... this is my home. You can look around if you like," Michael told me scratching the back of his head  awkwardly. I shook my head. It felt like I was invading his privacy. "Okay... well, I guess I'll show you my room then. We can hang out there until Luke or my parents get here."

We wordlessly walked up the stairs. On the way up, I saw photographs and paintings that looked like they cost hundreds of dollars scattered along the wall. Most of the photographs were family photos of Michael when he was younger with his parents smiling along with him. Oddly enough, I didn't see any baby pictures of Michael at all, and he didn't look like either of his parents to be honest. 'He probably just has a mix of both his parents genes' I told myself.

We made it to his room, and I was a bit shocked by what I saw. It was so... dark I guess. The walls were black, but you could barely tell because band posters covered almost all of it. His bed had a black and grey striped bedspread, and there was a stereo on a dresser beside it. There was a flat screen television with a playstation hooked up to it in front of the bed and a guitar in the only spotless corner of the room. I expected it to be happier. Not this. He didn't seem like this kind of person. His bedroom looks almost exactly like mine.

"So, this is my room. It looks a bit scary and dark, I know, but I really love it," Michael said with a small smile, looking around at his room like it was a million dollar masterpiece. I smiled back and took my phone out of my back pocket.

'I love it too. Those are also some of my favorite bands.' I typed. He read it, and his smile grew larger. Green Day, Blink-182, All Time Low, and Nirvana posters littered the walls. It was perfect honestly.

"Thank you. And those are like the BEST BANDS EVER!!! OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LOVE THEM TOO!!!" He yelled in excitement. It was quite adorable, and I couldn't help but let out a giggle. He giggled also before he burst into laughter. I didn't even know why and I don't think he knew either, but I laughed along. This as the happiest I've been in a long time.

~~~~~

Michael and I played video games until about 3:30. I swear he looked like he wanted to kick me out as soon as he learned I didn't play Fifa. I got worried he actually would, but before he had time to, the doorbell rang. Michael shot up from his seat.

"That must be Luke. You know, the new neighbor I was talking about. My parents wouldn't have rung the doorbell," he said. "Come on, Ash. Let us go greet the new guest," he continued in a posh accent. I smiled and nodded.

As we reached the door, I began to grow nervous. What if Luke hears what others think of me and turn into one of them? He'll laugh at me and beat me just like everyone else. I felt like I was going to be sick. Michael must have noticed this because he turned to me and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "You'll get along fine," he said. I bit my lip and nodded.

Michael opened the door and I gasped. The boy on the other side was the same one I noticed in the crowd today. The blonde boy watching everything that happened to me this morning. The same boy that didn't laugh at my embarrassment along with everyone else. The same boy who had the look of understanding in his eyes as he witnessed the pain I go through everyday.

Luke. Luke Hemmings...

A/N- Well... that just happened. I think this is okay. I hope anyone who read this enjoyed it. And again FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!! BYEEEEE!!!!!!! : )