• Friending With The Enemy •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Griff •

"And, that night, when the counselor went back into the cabin, all he found were five empty beds and...a bloody Kikiwaka claw!"

Everyone screamed in fright, leaning in to the person closest to them. The person closest to Ash happened to be me, who allowed her to be engulfed in my arms. I chuckled, not scared by Lou's story.

Ash has always been easily scared. She's terrified of the regular old stuff like zombies, killers, vampires, etc. But, if I'm being honest, I love it. It gives me the chance to be her 'knight in shining armor' when she's terrified out of her mind. She tends to bury herself into my arm, not that I'm complaining.

From behind us, in the trees of the forest, came a low rustling, causing Ash to scream once more and bury herself deeper into my arms. I only laughed again, kissing the top of her head softly.

"IT'S," Lou paused as a man appeared from the trees, covered in dirt. "Kinda hunky! Dibs on being devoured."

The guy came ho to us, smiling giddily. "Sorry, did I scare you guys?"

"Uh, of course not," Ravi lied.

"Wait a minute," Zuri began. "I know you. You're Dr. Hunter Brody, the host of my favorite show, For Reals! Dr. Brody travels the world in search of strange phenomena and proves their...for reals!"

Ash frowned, shaking herself away from my arms. "Zuri, don't you know that this kinda stuff is for professionals. It's dangerous!"

Brody ignored Ash. "I was hot on the trail of the Kikiwaka...well, I mean, not right on the tail. That would be crazy dangerous. But then, the ferocious beast started chasing me, and I ended up here."

"Well, thanks a lot for leading it right to us!" Tiffany huffed. "Why don't you just bring my mom while you're at it?"

"Wait, so that means that the Kikiwaka is real?" Ash squeaked. The color drained from her face, her eyes widening.

"Uh, of course it's real!" Brody retorted. "The Kikiwaka took off when I ran into the camp."

"Just curious," Ravi inquired. "What exactly are you the doctor of?"

"Danger," Brody said.

"I believe that is not a degree," Ravi sneered.

Brody gasped. "It is online!"

"Dr. Brody," Zuri began, approaching us. "Can I have a selfie with you before the Kikiwaka eats you for breakfast?"

I rolled my eyes, laughing, "As if. I bet you he'll bring it back alive!"

Brody nodded. "Of course. When I emerge from these woods I will have proven that the Kikiwaka is for reals! And still have all my organs intact."