• Smells Like Camp Spirit •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

"Yours isn't roasted well," Griff said, voice muffled since it was full of marshmallows. He pointed to my marshmallow, only slightly burned.

"Gross!" I chuckled, placing a hand over his mouth. "Don't talk while your mouth is full. Plus, I like my marshmallows like this."

Griff nodded, chewing and swallowing his treat. Suddenly, he reached down, digging around in his pocket. "I, uh, I got you something."

I gasped. "Why?"

Griff shrugged, smiling to himself.
From his pocket, he pulled out a silver necklace. It had small gems scattered along the chain, finally leading up to a heart charm with 'G + A' engraved inside. I gasped again, studying it as it lay in his hand.

"I hope you like it," Griff mumbled, turning shy.

I nodded vigorously, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "Can you put it on?" I croaked, turning around so my back faced Griff.

"Of course," Griff replied.

He pushed my hair off my back and onto my shoulders. The necklace came around my front,   causing me to smile as the charm hit my chest. Seconds later, Griff spoke again, "There."

I turned around, facing Griff again with a giddy grin painted on my face. "I love it!" I cheered. "I'm never taking it off."

"You look great in it," Griff complimented.

"Welcome! Boys, girls, dinosaur," Lou began, interrupting our moment as she came up beside us. "We're here tonight to kick off Camp Kikiwaka's bestest tradition, the ceremony to pick the Guardian of the Spirit Stick!"

Hazel held out a musty old wooden stick, causing everyone to let out annoyed groans. Hazel replied: "Respect the Stick, people! Or, I'll take away your bathroom privileges and the woods will be your toilet."

"That would be an upgrade," Zuri sassed.

Xander grabbed the stick from Hazel, walking around as he showcased it. "Our camp founder Jedediah Swearengen whittled this sacred Stick from an ancient pine that was struck by lightning."

"As was Jedediah, whose wife left him shortly thereafter," Lou added.

"Because he was hit by lightning?" Ravi inquired.

Lou shook her head. "No. He was just emotionally distant."

"Since then, we've honored the Stick out of respect to the woods and its spirits. Because of this, the camp and the forest live in harmony," Xander told.

"I guess the forest turns a blind eye to Gladys's daily raw sewage dump?" Emma chuckled.

"So that's what makes the lake so toxic," Griff noted.