The Truth is out

"Mom. Whatever happens. Always remember that I am here. Whatever your decision is nandito lang ako. I will always be proud of you, mom. Whatever happened in the past is already part of what I am today.  This is just a bump in the road Mom. I love you.", she can still hear Rafraela's voice as she told those words to her earlier that day. Dawn decided to say yes to that interview invitation that Boy Abunda sent to them since the issue started. 

Today is the day she will tell the world everything. She looked at her reflection in the mirror as the hairstylist tried to fix her hair. In about 10 minutes, they will go on air and she feels really nervous. She wished someone is there with her. As much as those words from Raffy made her calm, she still needs someone to calm her nerves. Someone to assure her that everything will be fine. She needs him. She needs Richard. But he isn't because he can't. Ormoc needs him. She told him about her plans to reveal everything and he was supportive of it. He didn't have any problem with it because he wants the world to know that he has a daughter too. He really wanted to come and support her but his schedule doesn't permit him to. 

Dawn sighed. She felt alone. Even her husband, Robert can't be there. He is away on a business trip. She looked at the mirror and tried to smile. She can't cry right now. She needs to be strong and clean up this mess that she made. 

"Miss Dawn, are you ready? Let's go na po.", she heard one of the show's staff said. She looked up, took a deep breath and went out of the room.

TWBA

After Boy Abunda's usual opening spiel, he introduced Dawn to the audience. She smiled and greeted them and told Boy how glad she is that she is in the show right now. She saw her usual fans, the fans who have been with her through ups and downs. Deep inside, she felt sad. She felt that she has betrayed her supporters. 

"Dawn, I will go straight to the point and we all know the issue surrounding you right now. And it started with just one photo. Dawn, I will ask you this, is the woman in the photo your daughter?" , Boy asked and everything went silent. This is the moment she was dreading. The moment of truth. She looked at the audience and saw that they are waiting and eager for her answer. Everyone was looking at her. She feels like everything is closing up on her. But out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone. Behind the audience, there is a tall, dark and handsome guy. She looked at him and their eyes met. He smiled at her and mouth to her that everything will be okay. and with that, she found the courage to answer.

"Yes, Boy. She is my daughter.", and everyone in the room gasped. She closed her eyes to stop the tears from falling. "I had her when I was young, naive. I decided to keep her out of the spotlight to protect her privacy. But in this age of social media and especially, if you are a celebrity, it's almost impossible to keep something a secret. I know what I did is something of a  betrayal to my fans who supported me since day 1. I really apologize to my supporters for keeping her a secret but Boy, as a mother, I want to protect my daughter. Lalong lalo na sa mundo ng showbiz. We all know naman how cruel showbusiness can be."

Boy nodded. "I know that your supporters will understand Dawn knowing that you have always been good to them. There are a lot of speculations about your daughter Dawn and I am sure you are aware of those."

"Oo. I read some comments nagiintriga kung sino ang ama, kung asan na siya ngayon and all."

"If you don't mind, can you share to us the truth to end those speculations?"

"Are you asking me on who is her father?", she smiled weakly. She looked at Richard in the audience. He smiled back at her and urged her to go on, that is okay for him. She looked at Boy and answered:

"Richard's. Richard is my Raffy's father."