Chapter 6

"Ok, you can pack your things away, then get out your planners," Mr Healy told the class at the end of the  lesson. Throughout the whole lesson he kept on glancing my way and making sure i wasn't about to run up to him and kill him again like i did yesterday. 

I watched as he rubbed the writing off the board and sat down at his desk, watching intently as he glanced my way again, moving uneasily in his chair. I didn't want to kill him, but now I'd scared him, he knew not to fuck about with me and try to play Mom, because he knew I could do anything to him, any time. 

I noticed how this morning, Mr Blake had only mentioned the damage to the door and not what I'd done to Mr Healy. It seemed that my English professor hadn't told a soul about what i did to him yesterday, and neither had the rest of the class. If they had, I'd have had professors screaming at me and complaining about me and being scared of me as they pass me on the corridors, but everything seemed normal, aside from Mr Blake wanting me to pay for the damage of the door.

"For the next week, ladies and gentlemen, you're going to find a partner in this room and take what we've learnt from Romeo and Juliet and pick two characters from the play. Then I want you to expand on their feelings and explain why they feel the way they do, what evidence there is of it and then link the two characters together at the end of it," he clasped his hands together at the end of his little speech, his eye flicking towards me again, "now i know this will be hard considering we've not been studying it for very long and the language used is very different from what we use today, but just use your imaginations and piece things together and you should manage it," he looked down on the desk at a piece of paper where he'd written the homework down, "if you have any problems then don't hesitate to come and see me in the English office or e-mail me," he shuffled the papers neatly together and then slid them into the drawer on his desk, "that's it, class dismissed," he smiled at everyone who left the classroom, except me, who left last. He looked down as i approached the front of the classroom and then scrurried out quickly down corridor the opposite way to me after I'd gone. 

"Wow, he really doesn't seem like he's gonna get over what you did to him does he?" Ethan turned to watch him speed walking as far away as possible from us. 

"It's no wonder really, I did nearly strangle him to death," I said.

"Yeah but you'd think he'd tell one of the other professors and they'd get you kicked out or something?" 

"You sound like you want me to get kicked out," I commented, looking up at him.

"Of course i don't, I'm just saying that if i were him, i wouldn't let a seventeen year old girl get away with what you did," he was making it sound so bad that i was actually starting to regret it and wondering whether Ethan was becoming afraid of me. 

"Ok can you stop?" I stopped beside him and looked up at him, "I get that you thought what i did was bad but can you stop telling me how bad it was and what should have happened? 'Cause i don't need reminding, i get it, maybe i get a little angry sometimes and i flip out at people, it was a one off thing and it won't happen again," i waited for his reply, he paused for a moment. 

"I don't know how you had the strength though, it was like, superhuman," i wondered whether he was suspicious of me, and if he knew anything about Sleepwalkers, but how could he?

"I get these surges of adrenaline when i'm angry, and come on, he wasn't even putting up a fight, he let me do it to him," i tried to explain, steering him away from the idea of Sleepwalkers. 

"As long as you don't do it to me, i'm cool with it," he said as we carried on walking down the corridor. It was full of people all walking the same way to the canteen. Freshmen all running excitedly round crowds of people and juniors and seniors huffing and puffing at how irriating the 9th and 10th graders were. I know i was one of them once, but i had to admit, they pissed me off to the point where i wanted to slit all their throats. I know, violent, but you had to be there to understand it. And our school was one of a kind, it was unbelievable how many freshmen had already lost their virginities, one half of them were still acting like 6 year-olds and the other half were having sex and wearing the shortest skirts to school, showing their asses and getting their non-existent boobs out all over the show. When i was a Freshman, two girls left early because they got pregnant at a party; one of them came back to school and is actually doing really well, and the other never came back, i pass her sometimes in the park walking with her kid and resting her hand on her pregnant stomach. It was so weird thinking that she was the same age as me and had a four year-old.