Fool Me Once

December 12, 2009

Louise felt awful. She had a massive headache and her body felt heavy. She felt someone shaking her gently and she let out a low groan. Suddenly a hand was placed over her mouth to muffle her voice and chocolate brown eyes frantically flew open only to be met with identical brown eyes that belonged to her sister, staring down at her. Louise gaze a puzzled look as she tried to open her mouth to speak but the hand clamped over her mouth prevented her to do so.

Elena placed her index finger to her own lips, gesturing for her not to make a sound. The older brunette then slowly remove her hand from Louise's mouth and edged to the side slightly to reveal the cheap motel room which Louise immediately recognised. Of all people, Ben McKittrick was fast asleep on a chair by the end of the bed.

Louise gulped thickly as she eyed Ben before she returned her attention back to Elena. Elena pointed to the door, she returned her finger to her lips and gestured for Louise to follow her lead. Louise looked back at Ben then to the door, estimating the distance before she nodded in agreement. Both girls slowly slid off the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. Ben's leg was stretched out inconveniently in their path. With her breath held, Elena stepped over it and moved forward with Louise behind - successfully completing the hurdle too.

Louise swung around so that she kept Ben in sign as she back stealthily behind Elena towards the door. They soon covered the few extra steps of the distance to the door.

Elena cursed mentally as she eyed the locked that she knew would be loud. She lifted her hand slowly and unbolted the door which clicked loudly in the overly quiet room. Louise's eyes were still locked on Ben who was surprisingly still fast asleep and she turned to Elena gesturing for her to continue their escape.

"I wouldn't." A husky voice came from behind them.

They both gasped and slowly spun round to see Ben standing there. He grabbed the closest twin's arm so she couldn't escape and inched closer to Elena, looking into her eyes.

"Don't try to escape. Don't move. Do you understand?" His eyes dilatated as he tried to compel Elena, unware of her vervian necklace around her neck. Louise looked at her sister who now wore a blank expression.

"I understand." Elena said in a monotone voice. He then turned to Louise.

"You too, don't try to escape." Once again his pupils dilated as he stared in Louise's dark brown eyes.

"I won't try to escape." Louise said, following Elena's actions. He seemed to think it worked as he let her go roughly and she stumbled into Elena.

Ben smirked smugly and turned around completely oblivious to the fact the compulsion didn't work on the girls. He made his way to the mini fridge while the twins shared a look.

The eldest Gilbert unlocked the door and opened it. As soon as she was about to rush out she felt a light brush of wind followed by Louise's scream. Elena turned to find Ben in the corner so the sunlight couldn't reach him while Louise was on the ground near the chair. The brunette rubbed her forehead which now held a bruise when she had hit it against the chair.

"Come on, Lou!" Elena moved to help her sister, leaving the door open knowing Ben wouldn't dare stop them in fear of the sunlight.

The door suddenly slammed shut and the girls looked behind them revealing Anna who had an angry expression. The petite vampire grabbed Elena, leaving Louise on the floor.

"Seriously?!" Anna growled looking toward Ben who had now abandoned his spot from the corner now the door was closed.

"I told them not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me!" Ben told her as he grabbed Louise's arm roughly and pulled her up to her feet. He ushered her towards the bathroom.