Saturday detention

I woke up and got dressed and me and John headed to school

We walked in and sat down side by side me using him as a foot rest because he had another chair

"Well...well. Here we are! I want to congradulate you for being on time..."

Claire raises her hand

"Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but...um...I don't think I belong in here..."

Vernon doesn't care infact he looks very unamused with the red head.

"It is now seven-oh-six. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways..."

i watch as my bestfriend Bender spits into the air and catches the spit in his mouth again.

I try not to laugh as Claire looks like she is going to gag.

Vernon continues "...and you may not talk. You will not move from these seats."

He glances up at Bender and me and points at us.

"...and you..."
Vernon pulls the chair out from under Bender's feet which causes both of our feet to fall."...will not sleep and you will not vandalize anthing. Alright people, we're gonna try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay--of no less than a thousand words--describing to me who you think you are."

"Is this a test?" Bender asked

Vernon passes out paper and pencils and takes no notice of Bender.

"And when I say essay...I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender and wisp?"

Bender looks up. "Crystal..."

Vernon then looked at me and I rolled my eyes,

"Whatever you say dick."

"Good. Maybe you two will learn a little something about yourselves. Maybe you'll even--decide whether or not you care to return."

My brother raises his hand and then stands,

"You know, I can answer that right now sir...That'd be "No", no for me. 'cause...

"Sit down Johnson..." vernon went to tell at my brother and I growled at him

"Thank you sir..." He sits.

"My office..." Vernon points,"...is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised..."He looks around at us,"any questions?"

"Yeah...I got a question." I said and then looked at bender who nodded

Vernon looks at us suspiciously.

"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender and mr.Johnson, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns. Vernon leaves."