Chapter Four: Library 4 A Peck

Camila's P.O.V

I was in the library during free period with Lauren, Austin, Ariana, Keaton and Wes. Keaton and Lauren were slightly arguing over love at first sight. It was a odd topic, but my only interest what was Lauren's point of view on it. She looked so sure that it was a real thing, like she's been in love with someone she only laid eyes on.

"It's not possible, Laur! You have to get to know someone to be in love." Keaton say, a bit loud. Making the librarian "shush" him.

"Yes, it can. Call me a typical girl, but I believe in love at first sight, true love always and the girly things along those lines. I love that stuff." Lauren says as she chuckles. "I believe that just by," she pauses and looks at me, then takes a deep breath. "one little glance from afar, you can instantly love someone."

"How is that even possible? So, you're saying you've fallen in love with someone just because their looks?" Keaton say back and she takes her gaze off of me.

"No. No." She shakes her head. "I've loved someone by only a little look, because when I saw them, something about that person radiated off of them. And I thought it was pure beauty." She says, slightly smiling.

"Fine, ok. I'll drop it, if you tell me that you have honestly loved someone, by just looking at them." He asks. She looks at him, then realizes we're all waiting on her answer.

She looks over at me, no one else noticing by I. She looks at me and I see a smile form onto her lips. "Yes, I have." Then she quickly looks back at Keaton.

"Ok. Ok. You win then." He says, shaking her hand, causing her to laugh.

"I'm gonna go actually get a book now." she chuckles and walks away.

I sat there utterly taken by her words and watch her leave. After a minute or so, I walk around and finally I found her.

She was standing in the science fiction section, looking at a book. I go to the same row, but opposite bookshelf and grab a book. I stare at her whiling smiling and I can tell she knows because I can see a smile creep up onto her face.

"Didn't your parents teach you that staring is rude." She chuckles out.

"Not when you're admiring beauty." I quickly say back to her. She looks at me and sends me a smile, giving me goosebumps. "What'cha looking at there?"

I walk up slowly to her as she answers. "Ugh, its called the Undesirables. I read it a couple years ago, thought that I should just go with this one. So that writing essays about it would be way."

I walk up behind her, placing my right hand onto her hip. I can feel her shiver under my touch, making me smile. "What's your least favorite part about the book?" I ask.

"Um, the main guy is this is a pig." She quietly laughs and flips a page.

I step closer, putting my other hand onto her waist. I look at her to see her smiling. I take another step closer. Now, our bodies touching. Her backside touching my front side. I lean into the side of her neck and take in her essence. I turn her around to face me and her smile begins to lighten. We look into one anothers eyes, probably both wondering what we're thinking right now. She takes a step back, so I take a step forward. She bumps into the shelf lightly, making her put her hands on my shoulders so that she can grab her balance so she doesn't fall back, causing the shelf to fall down.

She looks at my eyes and then down at my lips, not trying to even hide it, so I bite on my bottom lip. She meets my eyes again and begins to lean in. Just as our lips were about to meet, I could feel her breath on my lips...my phone vibrates.

She opens her eyes, still our only onto a paper thin apart. "You should probably answer that..." She says quietly, then taking a deep breath.

"Yeah.." I say back, whispering. I pull back a little and pick up my phone, still whispering. "Hello?"

"Hey, where did you go? I was looking for you?" Austin asks, worried.

"Um, science fiction section, helping Lauren pick a book." I look at Lauren and she seems a bit upset over my lie.

"Oh well, I'm headed to practice, I'll see you tonight." Austin says.

"Ok..." I hung up the phone and put it back into my pocket, then turned my attention back on Lauren. "Hey, um..." I began, but she cut me off.

"Hey, it's cool. Don't worry about it. I won't mention it." She quickly says as she starts to walk away.

"Wait..." I grab her hand, making her turn back to look at me. "Can we talk about this?"

"Look, I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play here, but I'm not into it. You have a boyfriend and I..." She pauses, but before she could continue, she was lost with words.

"You have a girlfriend." I finish her sentence.

"What? No, I don't." She looks at me, a bit confused.

"Ariana?" I ask, easily pointing it out.

"She's not my girlfriend? Yeah, we've kissed, but that's all. Doesn't make her my girlfriend, Mila." She says back, with annoyance in her voice.

"K, sorry..." we stand there in silence for a minute or so until I break the ice. "I'm not trying to play a game with you."

"Could've fooled me." She sits down on the ground, beginning to open the book.

I look at her and take a seat next to her. "I'm not... I just-you make me confused. Then, what confuses me even more is that you're a girl, then there's also that I've only known you a few days, Laur."

"Well, what do you feel?" She asks, keeping her eyes glued to the book.

"I feel like I can have fun with you, enjoy my time and have a good laugh. I feel like you're a mystery that I want to unravel." I pause and take a deep breath. "I feel like I may be beginning to maybe, possibly, kinda, sorta, might have feelings for you."

Finally catching her attention, she looks up at me. Her emerald eyes, seep into me, taking me by storm on the inside. I had to try my best to keep my cool and not just shove her face into mine.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes, Laur...and as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm jealous of Ariana. She gets to take you out tonight." Lauren looks at me in shock, wandering how I found out. "She bragged about it in class."

Lauren shook her head and began to chuckle. "Well, how about we make it a double date?"

Taken by surprised to her invite, I quickly answer. "We'd love to."

I think she was a bit shocked too because her eyes widened. "Um, ok..." She says back. "Well, it's a date." She smiles at me and I lean in again.

She was hesitant at first to lean in also, but once she did, our lips gently and barely touch each other, but it was enough to keep us going for a bit.

"It's a date." I say back to her, smiling.