Chapter 7

It's finally happening, after 3 months of hard work the day has finally come. By tonight, Ethan will be the new Alpha of Crimson Pack. The dining hall in the pack house has been transformed in to a beautiful ballroom like area; all decorated in peach and white with details of gold.

The high tables have been removed and a huge chair which remotely resembles a throne has been placed, that's where Ethan will sit when he's sworn in, around it are other slightly smaller chairs where dad and mom will seat on the right and Robert and his wife on the left.

Everything seems to be in order yet I have this gnawing feeling inside of me from the moment I woke up this morning, at first I thought it was cause the food had not arrived and I was worrying too much, but now its 04:00pm and Ella told me our people just collected the food and were on their way back. I just couldn't get this weird feeling off my back.

''Athena, you look tense princess, is everything okay?'' dad asks as he walks up to me and looks at me worriedly. ''It's nothing dad just nerves, I want this to end well, we've put in a lot of effort.'' I comment.

''That we have, it will be perfect and from the looks of it no one will dare say anything negative, ''he says while pointing at mom who is barking orders to the omegas while holding a seating chart. I laugh nervously and shake my head as I turn to head home.

The ceremony will be starting at 06:00pm sharp so I needed to start getting ready at least an hour earlier. I just need the food to be here so that I can confirm if everything is as ordered. As I wait I see Axel coming from a distance. I pretend to be busy on my phone so that he does not disturb me but of course when has that ever worked for anyone.

''Hi,'' he greets as he comes up to me.

"Oh hi, didn't see you there.'' I lie. ''That's fine, it's just.... I need to talk to you Athena please,'' he begs. ''It has been so hard to see you almost every day and pretend like nothing ever happened.'' He continues.

''Axel please...,'' I start to say as I see the four men from the pack walk in with the food. 'Oh thank you, thank you Moon Goddess.' I start to walk away before he could stop me. ''The food is here!'' I express in excitement clearly indicating my happiness of not having this conversation.

I walk hastily towards the men and help them carry the boxes. We go to the dining area and set everything on the table. I crosscheck my list and I'm pleased to see that everything is just as I had ordered. I instruct the omegas who handle the kitchen on how to set the food and tell the kitchen head that I will alert her when it's time to serve. She nods in respect and goes to instruct her team. As I look at the time its already past five so I rush towards our house to get ready.

I thought a hot shower would help in reducing the gnawing anxiety in me but it seems to have grown. ''Deep breathes girl, in and out....in and out.'' I practice as I look at myself in the mirror.

I have already done my make-up which is very natural as I don't prefer a very shouting look, I turn to put on my dress which is a long halter neck black gown with a thigh-high slit and  then proceed to put on my red and black stiletto heels. I pair it with a matching pair of diamond earrings and bracelet and finish up my look with a bold red lip.

I can hear chattering all over the pack grounds as I walk towards our front door. Seems like the guests have started arriving. Just as I'm about to walk out I hear a sound in the kitchen area which sounded like a clink of a glass. I walk towards the kitchen and see Ethan in his tux pouring tequila in a shot glass.

''Pour mine too,'' I say as I lean on the door frame. ''Goddess!! Athena...you scared me,'' he jumps back a step visibly freaked out.

''You seem on edge, not a good sign for an Alpha, I'm surprised you did not sense me coming,'' I say with a raised eyebrow.