Chapter Six: Arrival Pt. 2

I finally was able to finish it! Hope you enjoy! Also IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE at the end.

Picture of Allison on the side>

_______________________________________________________________________

“You have a brother?” Nathan asks. Currently Nathan and I were sitting in his living room; both looking confused and beyond pissed. As soon as that little thing between Ethan and us, we rushed back home. I rub my temples and try to control my anger so I don’t flip the coffee table. Why had my parents lied about me being adopted?

“Don’t blame me; I didn’t know I have a brother until a few seconds ago!” I yell, frustrated. Nathan sighs and places his hand over top of mine.

“They probably didn’t tell you for a reason. Maybe you should just ask them.” He says and I instantly relax. It is a good thing to have Nathan by my side, because this room would be trashed if he wasn’t here.

“But why wouldn’t they tell me?” I mumble and look up to meet Nathan’s eyes. His eyes were sad, but there was a hint of anger in them.

“I don’t know.” He whispers and looks down at the carpet. I sigh and run a frustrated through my hair.

“Allison?” Nathan asks.

“Yes?”

“What did you mean when you said that you two have recently talked?” Nathan asks and looks back at me. I tense, but just shrug my shoulders.

“He called me this morning, but I didn’t know who he was.” I say like it is a normal thing to get calls from a stranger, which causes him to get angry. He lets out a humorless chuckle and looks at me like I’m unbelievable.

“That was why you were upset this morning, wasn’t it? Why didn’t you tell me?” he asks and stares at me. I stay silent and pick at my shirt sleeve. Why didn’t I tell him?

You didn’t tell him, because you have trust issues. My wolf says. I wince and look up to meet his eyes.

“I’m-“I go to say, but he cuts me off.

“Don’t say that you are sorry. Am I really not trustworthy to you?” he asks and I see his eyes start to glaze over.

“I-I don’t know.” I whisper and Nathan sighs. He purses his lips and nods his head slowly. He gets up from the couch and walks up to his room. I wince when I hear the door slam shut behind him. Tears flow down my face and I press my face into my palms. I sob for a few minutes, but stop when I hear the doorbell ring. I wipe the tears off my face and try to put a smile on my face. When I open the front door, my fake smile slides off my face.

“Hello, Ethan. What are you doing here?” I ask in a stony voice. He grins and raises his eyebrows.

“It is nice to see you also.” He says sarcastically. His eyes click to something behind my head. I turn around to see Nathan standing on the stairs with a deadly expression on his face.

“What are you doing here?” Nathan says. Ethan’s grin doesn’t even falter.

“I’m just here to talk to my sister. Is that such a problem?” he asks and his eyes turn a bright yellow. He glances down at me and smiles a toothy smile. Nathan walks over to the door and places a protective hand on my back. My shoulders tense and I takes a step forward so I Nathan wasn’t touching me.

“We can get some lunch, so we can catch up?” I suggest and Ethan smiles.

“Sounds perfect to me.” He says and turns his attention back on Nathan,” We’ll be back in a few.” He says and grabs my arm lightly. Nathan growls and clenches his fists. He goes to take a step forward, but stops at the door frame. His brows furrow and he tries to stick his hand out the door, but it bounces back.