Snapchat

Clove was staying at Annie's house with Johanna, Katniss and Glimmer like she did every Friday. It was four in the morning and everyone except Glimmer and Clove herself had fallen asleep.
"C'mon Clove," Glimmer urged. "He won't even see it until the morning, and you guys are great friends, so even if he doesn't like you back, I'm sure it'll be fine." "That's the problem, Glim. We're friends. Number one, I'm very, very deep into the friend zone, and number two, I don't want to ruin things."
"You're being such a baby," Glimmer whined.
"Please. You took five months to even consider telling Marvel you like him, and two months later, you still hadn't done it, and I had to after you fell asleep," Clove retorted.
"Stop talking now, or you might give me an idea," Glimmer laughed, winking at Clove.
"You wouldn't," Clove shot at her.
"You did it to me, I have no reason not to," Glimmer replied casually.
"Yeah, but you ended up dating him!"
"You'd probably end up dating Cato if you would stop being such a wuss!" Glimmer exclaimed, chuckling at her best friend.
"I doubt it," she muttered in response.
"Don't be such a pessimist." Clove only scowled. "Now pinky-promise me something," she said. Clove looked at Glimmer skeptically, but linked her little finger to Glimmer's anyway. "You'll do exactly as I say."
Clove threw her head back in frustration. "Come on, Glim," she groaned.
"Turn on your phone," Glimmer said with a twinkle in her eye.
"Fine," Clove said, reluctantly pressing the button on the side of her iPhone 8, the cracked screen illuminating. 4:16 am flashing up at her. She typed in her passcode, 140879, and turned her eyes towards her friend.
"Open Snapchat, and take a basic Snap of yourself, the kind you would take to put on your story asking how people's day went or whatever."
Clove took a photo, her face only showing from the eyebrows up, and turned once again to Glimmer for more directions.
"Start typing," Glimmer said plainly.
Clove groaned, but did as she was told.
Hey so
Um
U are one of my rlly good friends as I'm sure u know, and I don't wanna mess that up or anything, but um ur rlly cute and I've liked u for a while and I just thought u showed know
I'm sure u like someone else and u get excited to see their name on ur phone and love talking to them but I had to say that's me with u
Sorry if I just screwed this up
Clove took a deep breath. "I'm sure you want to read it?" she asked drily. Glimmer laughed and read the message over Clove's shoulder.
"Send it."
Clove didn't want to think about what she might be doing this exact moment, because she knew if she thought about it, she would chicken out.
So she hit the blue send button, clicked on Cato's name, and confirmed the send, watching the Snap disappear, and half a minute later, the light blue letters reading Opened underneath it.