Future Worries

Legacy's POV

I snuggled deeper into Myca's lap, feeling very content, something I wasn't used to feeling. I'm not sure I had ever knew what it felt like either. I was tired from the shifting and running I had done today. I could tell Myca was proud. He also had this boisterous aura about him, the same one males tended to have. I thought it was kind of funny. I wanted to go to sleep, but at the same time, I wanted to be awake to remember all the small moments like this. Good things never happened to people like me. I smiled in my head, pretty soon, something was bound to happen. It was better not to get too attached.

I shook my head of the depressing thoughts, and watched Myca type an email on his computer. Being in charge of a pack looked hard, having to take care of so many people, be aware of their safety, their issues, their feelings. My alpha hadn't cared about any of that, but I was learning to realise, that not everyone was like that. Being an Alpha was boring too. I have heard talks of the pack about a Luna. I wondered if the Alpha would take on a female mate too. I felt my chest tighten at the thought and panicked at the thought of losing the small happiness I had, to someone else because I wasn't good enough. I must've been emitting stress signals, because immediately Myca stopped typing and turned his attention to me.

"Legacy? What's wrong baby? I can feel your stress."

I couldn't breath. I vaguely heard Myca call me baby. Something he's never done before but I was too stressed. I would feel my mate producing an offspring with someone else. And I would be cast aside as he took care of someone else's pup. 

I felt Myca gather me in his arms and stood up. He walked over to the bed and deposited me in the middle before grabbing the blanket at the end of the bed and lifting it over the both of us. He pulled me close to his chest and whispered soothing things in my ear. I could feel the deep timber of his voice against my chest and felt my panic subside. I came back enough to realise there was a wetness on my face. I had been crying. Immediately I buried my face into one of his pillows feeling embarrassment well up in me at the display. If I kept this up, I would never be worthy of Myca. I was pathetic. It was silent for a bit, but not uncomfortable. Myca was still crooning in my ear and his scent was soothing. Finally I felt like I was able to open my mouth without bursting into tears and embarrassing myself.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise. You didn't do anything wrong. I should have been more focused to your moods, than dealing with other matters. I am still new at this and need to learn how to balance my attentions with you too. And I apologise for my ignorance. Will you tell me what has made you upset? I can't fix it if I don't know."

I paused for a moment, wondering how I was going to bring up my insecurities. I wasn't used to feeling like I needed to please someone. I was used to having to please my old Alpha, but this wasn't the same.

"I've heard people in pack speaking of a Luna, an heir. I cannot be either. I am not worthy of  title, but the thought of you taking on another female..." I trailed off. I could feel my breath speeding up again, just thinking about it.

"Hey, hey. Calm down baby. It's okay. That's not something you will EVER have to worry about and you have my word. I have been waiting longer than most people to meet THE ONE. And I will not lose you to something of that nature. You are aware that you are an Omega and even though you are a male, you can still have babies, right?"

"Yes. I know I can have them, but it's more of a risk for a male to have one, then it is for a female. What if something happens to your pup? What if I lose them?"

"I will not force you to have a pup. While I have always wanted a family, I have wanted my mate more, and I will not risk losing you. If you decide to have my pup, then we will go that route, if not then you will still be my mate, and we will find a way. As for Luna, when the time comes, you will take the title, standing by my side, in front of the whole pack. And I will be with you the whole time."

I nodded my head and thought about it. The thought of providing Myca with a pup made my stomach flutter with excitement. I felt something else stir in me and I blushed as I tried to will it away. I knew what the feeling was, though I wasn't used to having it. I wanted a pup of my own too. One that I could give a better upbringing than what I had. I decided not to express my thought yet, wanting to give it some more thought. 

I looked up at Myca and noticed him already staring down at me, a swirl of emotions were in his eyes, but he didn't say anything. I felt my face flush once again when I realised something else.

"You called me baby." I blurted out, feeling my face burn brighter at my outburst.

Myca looked amused but didn't express it out loud.

"I did. And I will do it again, and again, and again. Besides how could I not with as cute and tiny you are. All mine and so, so sexy." I felt myself twitch down there and tensed to try to ignore the feeling.

"Myca!" I gasped. I pushed him away, loving the sound of his deep laughter in the air. 

"Don't say stuff like that," I whispered. I put my hands over my face, to cover the deep red, that I knew was there.

"And why not? It certainly is true. And you out of everyone in my world, deserves to know such things. You're my baby, my mate, my love."

I gasped and looked up at him in shock. He has never said anything like that...his love. I didn't know what to say. How to express the strong emotions that I felt. I never knew what love was, what it felt like. I vaguely remember feeling strong, warm emotions from my mum. But this wasn't the same. This was a different feeling, and I couldn't say that I didn't welcome it. Instead I relished it. 

I still feel like everything is happening so fast, like it will all be snatched away from me, but maybe this time it wont be. Maybe I can really have this. A part of me also knew that I wanted to stand by Myca's side. I felt horrible knowing a small bit was because having the title of Luna meant power, but I would never turn out to be hungry for it.

"Myca...I want to be by your side. I want to help you with the pack and matters that are important." He was staring at me, not saying anything and it made me nervous. Maybe right now wasn't the best time to say anything, but I truly meant it. Though it felt like he was looking into my soul, searching for something. Whatever it was, he seemed satisfied enough and nodded his head.

"Okay, you have seen the lands, but I want you to get more familiar with them as that comes with knowing your pack and protection. I also want to start putting you with the warriors for training. Are you okay with that?"

I nodded my head. A big part of me was really excited, now I would be useful instead of laying in bed waiting for Myca like a trophy wife. 

"When do I start?"

"Next week for training, for everything else, we can start the day after next."

"Okay." 

Now I was beginning to feel the affects of my episode from earlier. And being in Myca's lap wasn't helping, but this time I let sleep lull me in. 

***********************************************************************************************

Hello buddies, I am so sorry for this late update. I have not been feeling particularly inspired to write and I am under so much stress with school. For any of those not in college, 15 credit hours is the max for a full time student and 12 is the minimum, 13 is average. I am at 18...and it was pure accident. So I am drowning, lol. But a friend of mine said that one doesn't feel inspired until they start writing, so here I am at 10 pm, frantically typing. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I will try to update sooner than this time. 

-Hopless