Serious Moments

Legacy's POV

The Alpha lead me away from the kitchen and into the main area. I hesitated a little after what happened last time I was dragged out here, but I remembered how he saved me and didn't punish me, so I allowed myself to believe that perhaps he would protect me this time. I wasn't paying attention the first time for obvious reasons, but as he spoke about the history behind the decorations and the purpose of the rooms, I couldn't help but look at the way he carried himself with power, respect and dominance. I felt drawn to him, and I didn't know why. I was scared of him, but not because of his title, but because of how he made me feel. I continued day dreaming about him in my own world, when I felt a gaze on me. 

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I looked up and blushed deeply when I realised the Alpha had stopped speaking and instead was staring at me. 

"You look a little distracted Legacy...anything you would like to share?" The deep timbre sounds of his voice, shook me from the core ad made goose bumps raise along my arms. I inwardly chastised myself for my reaction book quickly shook my head at his question. I looked around and realised we were no longer on the main level but on a completely new floor.

"This is another floor of rooms for pack members, and finally above us is where the higher ranks are such as the warriors, my Beta and my Gamma. There are also houses around the pack lands for mated couples, families and anyone else wanting their privacy. Any questions?"

Again I shook my head. "Legacy, I would like verbal answers from you please. It's a sign of respect and better understanding. I hope you know that you are allowed to speak, even when I am not addressing you."

"Yes Al-Myca." My voice was quiet, but it still made me uncomfortable to speak any louder or to ask for anything directly.

"Alright, well I want to show you the pack lands, however you're a little injured and I don't want to upset those wounds anymore, nor do I want to overwhelm you. We will get there eventually, but for now let's go to the pack doctor so he can inspect your wounds and make sure everything is healing up nicely, especially after all the walking around from today."

"Okay."

I had never been to a doctor before, but if my understanding was correct, they healed people. We went downstairs and walked outside to another building.

"Normally pack doctors and their offices are connected to pack houses in anyway possible, however I wanted them to have as much space as possible, along with enough room for patients, families and any other equipment."

The minute we stepped inside, a tiny man was rushing towards us with a huge grin on his face. 

"Legacy!! I'm so glad to see you up and moving. I'm sure you're hear to get a check up, so follow me."

Before I could even question who he was or where we were going, I was being pushed down the hall and into another room.

"I'm going to check you weight, do some simple vitals and make sure everything's healing up nicely. Is that okay?"

"Um yes, but who are you?" I was really confused and didn't want to offend him, but he was very loud and all over the place.

"Oh darn, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Dr. Grey, but you can call my Dylan. I am the pack's head medical doctor."

"Oh."

He smiled and ushered me to the bed looking thing, telling me to take a seat. He placed something around my arm and on my finger. But I started panicking when it started to tighten. I looked up at the Alpha, scared and confused, and in seconds he was by my side grabbing my other hand and telling me that it was okay.