chapter 8

Sorry for the long wait.Thanks to who ever is still reading!Alright now,i want to ask realy quickly if anybody has read the book called 'Every Other Day' by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.I need some actors for a book report!Thank.

Oh and sorry to all those who don't like cliffhangers.If you can't tell i love them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to footsteps banging on the stairs.And that wasn't really weird considering Taylor's apartment was on the third floor and had really thin walls.You'd be surprised at what kind of things people will say and do when they're alone.

The thing that did make me jump up in surprise was the fact that what I was laying on was much bigger then Taylor's short duct tape couch.And softer.And...well not duct taped.

I landed silently on my feet as i finally realized where I was.My room.

At my house.

With my actual family.

So touching right?Any way...

As I looked at the clock on my night stand it said that it was only five am.Not that big a deal when you were raised to be up and ready at any time,ya know?

No?Well...

The noise on the stairs seemed to quiet down,but because of the thick walls I couldn't really tell.Now even if I knew that this place was locked down tighter then a achoholic's last beer,I still had to be cautious of random noises on the stairs at five in the morning.Wouldn't you be?

I reached behind my bed side desk and pulled out the stainless steel carving knife out.I always kept weapons hidden along with my skittles.

My foot steps were muffled by the carpet but nothing could mask the sound of me turning the lock on my door.It felt like all the air in the room froze as i nudged the door open a crack.Nobody was in the hallway but I did see a light coming from down stairs.I quietly slipped out of my room and crept over to the railing.The light was coming from the kitchen.

I snuck down and reached the swinging door.But just as I reached for the handle I heard Patrick's voice say,"Just come in,Doe."

"How did you know?"I asked as I walked in.Patrick was standing at the counter with a coffee mug in his hands.

"Your shadow was blocking the light under the door and I could smell your shampoo."

"Oh"Of course.Only Patrick would think to check the light under the door,but the shampoo thing was my fault.

As I looked at Patrick I realized just how stressed he really was.To any passerby he might look completely relaxed but I knew better.His hair,usually the perfectly combed master piece at all hours,now had a over all limp look to it.His unwrinkled skin seemed to droop.Most of all the way he was gripping his coffee mug.Normally he had a loose hold on it.One way to tell if he was mad was to test his grip.One time he broke a cup when his football team lost.Right now he had a choke hold on the poor mug.

An idea made it's way in to my mind.

Slowly a smile formed on my face and I said"How about a little training session?"

He was looking down when I asked but when our eyes met his held a glint."How could I say no to that?"

"Exactly."

---

"REALLY?"I yelled"This is abuse!Abuse,you hear me?!"

Patrick just stood in the middle of the gym with that dumb little smirk on his face."Just do it,Doe.Or are you to afraid?"

Darn it!He knew that if he said I was afraid then I would do almost anything.Glaring at him I stepped up to the first red line.

"GO!"

At Patrick's voice I jumped into action.A twist,a leap,a swirl,a flip,and a hop.I seen a red light coming dangerously close to my pant leg.I popped out of the way just in time.A second to late I noticed another coming at my back.

The blaring siren split the air as all the red laser lights disappeared.

"So close,Doe.Again."

"Again?Are you kidding me?It's impossible to go thorough a labyrinth of constantly moving lasers at one point five seconds.Especially because it has a hundred and two patterns to run through!"I said as I flopped on to the ground.

Yes,Patrick was making me practice one of those spy-movie like laser things.But a harder version.A impossible version even for those super teens on TV.My yoga pants and thin sports shirt were soaked with sweat.

Just as I was about to launch into a full on rant the doors burst open and Mason came running in.

"Cookie Doe!Patty!"Mason said excitedly.

I couldn't hold back my laughter at his nic name for Patrick.Despite the glare that 'Patty' was throwing me.

"I have big news!"Mason continued."Isabella was running radio waves through her security system and looking any bugs or glitches.She was also checking the history of the local electrical waves and found some foot prints that match up with the time that Frankie was taken."

I knew what that meant.Isabella might of found tracks of Frankie's kidnappers!

'Patty' was out of the room and running towards the computer room in record time.