chapter 10

"Doe,you're taking the lead on this.I'll talk you through it from here.Aiden and Noah will go with you.Isabella get us mics with a ten mile range and some scanners.You will be working from here with me,Mason will be going with them.Mason,I want you to find any electronics that you can and check their history."Patrick started as we all gathered in the war room.At least that was what I called it.To everyone else it was the conference room.Boring name if you ask me...

"You're not going?"I said with in a panicked voice.This was the first step to finding Frankie.I didn't want to mess it up!Could you imagine having to tell Patrick and Mia that I was the reason we couldn't find their son?I could never live with that.And worse yet,he put ME in charge.That means if anything happens it's on my shoulders!

"No.To much emotional attachment.I would endanger the mission."He replied with a detached voice.

"But-"

"To much emotion will endanger the missing,Doe.You're leading this."

There was a moment of silence before I answered."Fine."

"Good.Your going as night gardeners.Company name is Kimmer's Trimmers.Uniforms and tags are up to you Mia.Get the van labelled and a website up and running.No mistakes,no holes."Patrick continued in his no nonsense voice.

"Got it."Mia said quietly.She had always been in charge of making sure our covers were air tight.

"We move out at twenty-two hundred tomorrow.Get to work."When he finished he immediately turned around and left.Mia was quick to follow.No doubt it was killing them that they weren't taking a bigger part in this whole thing.But I could understand why they had to take a step back.

Like Patrick said,too much emotion can kill a job.I've heard to many horror stories about it happening before.

I just didn't understand why he thought that I would have a better handle on my emotions then him.Was I really that heartless?

Sure I was great at keeping a poker face,but was it so good that I had fooled Patrick into believing me?Could he not see that one wrong step would send me into a emotional overload?I was one straw away from breaking.

Everyone was.I could tell that Masons rambling was a little more off than usual.Isabella was talking even less than normally.Aiden had spent his days trying to meditate.And Fae and Fain were both talking less and spending more time in their rooms together.

It made me wonder what was happening between them.Before I moved out it had always been like they were siblings.But now that all these things pushing them together and all the time they've been spending together...Well,who knows what might have come up between them.

It's not like I could really picture them with anyone other.

I'll have to get one of them alone to talk to me about it.

That's the funny thing when you're a thief.You don't have many romantic options.

Sure there's other thieves,but,well,they're a thief.Are you really going to trust them?

So either you take a chance on another thief,you die alone,or you cut off your thieving ways and become a good citizen and marry a normal person.

With the first option you usually end up dead or scammed.The third option only works in movies unless you're really committed(crime is addictive).So most thieves die alone.

Patrick and Mia were one of the lucky pairs.They met on a job and decided to partner up.I guess they spent so much time together that they just naturally became a couple.

I had always planned on getting caught and go to jail for life before I could even start thinking about a guy.

It's a bit depressing I guess...

I always thought that Aiden would choose to leave this life and find a pretty blond girl to live with in Paris but with the looks he's been sending Isabella lately you'd think he's got something planned.

And Noah...He'll probably try to risk it with some other thief.He loves this job to much to let it go.He'll probably end up with some critical,blubbering,sniveling little-

Whoops,I just....I mean....I'm not jealous of Noah's future wife....Of course not...

Yes you are,a small voice whispered in the back of my mind.

No.No I am not jealous of some tall,leggy,brunet with big brown eyed and perfect skinned girl that Noah may or may not end up with.The little witch's name is probably Scarlett.

Yeah and you defiantly aren't jealous of Noah's future wife that you just made and up named Scarlett,that little voice said.

"Urgh!Stop it!"I said quite loudly to my self.

Noah,the only one left in the room,turned to me.

"Huh?"He asked.

My eyes got real wide as I tried to think up a excuse.

"........"

Hurry up,I thought to my self,He's going to think that you're weird!

Wait.He already does...

"Just...Go hang out with Scarlett,Noah!Gosh!"I rushed out of the room.There's only so much insanity that one person can take.

Just admit it.You like Noah!

What?No!

You dooooooooo!

What are we in middle school again?

Noah and Doe sitting in a tree.K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

REALLY?

First comes love,then comes-

"JUST STOP IT!"I shouted.

"What did I do now?"I heard Noah say faintly.