Chapter 1

Beep, beep, beep

my eyes bolted awake at the pestering sound of my alarm clock. Ah the first day of my senior year. If only i had something to look forward to today rather than class expectations and rules i might be a little more excited, but no when your a nobody like me all you think about in the moring is whether or not your best friend will be at school so you don't have to sit alone at lunch.

"Rae let's go get up i don't want to be late for my first day" my sister Katie yelled at me from behind my door.

" I am up why don't you just worry about yourself" I yelled back. Katie was going to be a incoming freshman this year and all summer all she could talk about was school. My mom said that it was just the nerves about going to high school but all it really did was get on my nerves.

I unwilly pushed aside my covers and went over to my closet. For the last first day of my high school career I decided on my favorite navy sundress hoping that it would make my day better. I closed my closet doors and looked over to my window. Across the way i saw he had his curtains opened and he was still fast asleep dreaming of things I would never find out about. Just then he turned in his bed towards the window and opened his eyes. I quickly jumped out of view and darted towards the bathroom. I would rather die than have Hunter Gold find out that I watched him from my window. My best friend Lauren or should I say my only friend says that i should just go and introduce myself, but he has lived next door for four years and i have yet to do so. I think the time for that has already left the station.

Once in the bathroom I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Slightly tanned skin from the summer and straight dull brown hair that fell limp past my shoulders. My ordinary blue eyes made me the epitome of average. I glanced up at the clock and noticed the time 7:15 I had exactly fifteen minutes to do my hair, makup an deat some breakfast before i had to leave for school. I decided to put in a lace headband and put on some masscara and some lip gloss and was ready to go down stairs.

Walking into the kitchen I saw my Mother standing by the stove cooking some scrambled eggs while talking to Katie.

" Katie, dear your gonna be just fine just take some deep breathes and relax" she said to Kate

"But mom what if i don't have any friends in my classes i'm in all honnor classes for the first time. I won't know any of then they all became friends in middle school. What if we have to work in partners what am i gonna do!" I walked over to the regigerator and took out the milk, poured myself some and sat down across from my dad.

"Katie just relax all your gonna do today is ice breaker games people are gonna love you and you'll make friends really fast" I told her.

"Well what happened to you, you have what one friend?" her snide remark hit right where she wanted it to. My mother whirrled around and pointed her spatula at her

"Katie Marie Peters go get your shoes and leave Rae alone." I suddenly lost all traces of my appitite. I got up to go brush my teeth and get my shoes before I had to leave.

"Rae sit back down and have something to eat your gonna need some fuel for your first day back" my father called to me. He works full time at some science company. I'm not really sure what it is that he does but i do know that its for the government and he's not really around much. I'm even suprised that he didn't leave for work yet.

"I'm fine really i'll just get a big lunch, we'll be late anyway." I rushed up the stairs and grabbed my favorite pair of sandals, my white cardiagan before I went back into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I headed back into my room to grab my bag for the day. I glacned out my window and across the way I could see Hunter puting on his shirt. His back was to me so i could see his broad back muscles contacting while he put his shirt on. I stood mesmorzied by the site of him for a good minute before he stared to turned around and walk towards his window. I rushed out my door shutting it behind me and ran down the stairs.

"Bye mom, bye dad come on Katie you don't want to be late!"

"By girls good luck, have fun" my mother yelled from the kitchen. Katie came bounding down the stairs carrying her gigantic backpack.

"Alright lets go" she said as she walked out the door. I followed her outside and shut the door behind me. Katie was waititng at the mailbox.

"Hey Rae i'm sorry about what i said before i didn't really mean it you know that right?"

"Yeah its fine, and your gonna do great today everyone will love you." I know Katie means well but sometimes the things she lets slip out of her mouth really hurt sometimes. I forgive her beacuse i'm sure she doesn't mean it. She wasn't really old enough at the time to fully understand what happened when I was in eighth grade and i'm not really sure i want her to know.

*******Authors Note********

Hey thanks for checking out my first story on wattpad. I would love it if you would leave your thoughts in the comments!