Meet The Neighbors

I look at my friend. I smile at how her name is just as bad as mine. Her full name is April Rain Showers. Her parents August and June Showers were best friends with my parent Topaz and Sapphire Feathers. Yeah April is 4 years older than me but it doesn't matter she's basicly been my best friend since I was born. We kept in touch when my parents moved us up to Boston. Both our parents were on a road trip and the car got hit by a semi. They all died instantly. That was a few years ago. "So you're all set Phe." "Thanks Ape." She looks across the street. "Oh and word of warning stay away from the Dixon's that live across the street." "Why?" "Not the kind of people you want hanging around you. Anyway your neighbor that lives next door to you is Raven Russell, and her little brother Alex. She's really nice, but totally serious. I mean she's only what 21 and she's been raising her 8 year old brother for a couple years now since their mother died." "That must suck. I'll say hi when I see her." I think for a second "Hey Ape?" "Yeah Phe?" "Are there any bars in this town?" She sighs "Only one, Jake's Bar, but you don't want to go there." "Why? You just don't. Stay safe Phe. I'll come back later this week when I have a day off." She's a waitress at the diner in town. "Whatever Ape." She rolls her two different colored eyes at me. "Just listen to me for once will yah?" "Maybe. See ya April." "See ya Pheonix." She heads off in her truck. I can't wait until I get to know everyone. I see a car pull up into the driveway next to mine. Oh cool! I walk over as the girl and little boy are getting out. "Hi. I'm Pheonix Feathers your new neighbor." THe lady raises an eyebrow and the little boy laughs. "I'm Raven Russell, this is my little brother Alex." I smile. "Cool. So uh were do you work?" "At the bar I work the day shift while Alex is at school and tutoring." I smile. "Cool. If you ever need a babysitter I'll be happy to do it." "Yeah thanks. Well I have to get dinner started for Alex. It was nice meeting you." "You too." They head inside. If Raven works at the only bar in town it can't be that bad right? Well I guess I'll just have to find out.