Chapter 35~ The Lady And Her Lord

Melody's POV

"I can't believe it; you're getting married," MaKenna squealed while she helped me into my dress. I loved the strapless dress with a pure glitter bodice with a sweetheart neckline. The bottom was an A-line skirt and all ruffles angled to the left with some glitter, and it touched the ground. My veil had an outline of glitter and was attached to a woven silver band that had versions of my pure white wolf ears on top.

"And I know I've said it a million times, but I'm so honored that you asked me to be your maid of honor," She continued, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Mick, please don't cry," I sighed.

"Come on, let's finish getting you ready," Mickey said, taking back control of her emotions. I sat at the vanity as my best, and only friend, worked, keeping it simple, just as I had asked. She strengthened my hair and gave me a left, side-swept bang and then did my make up keeping it to a mainly silver palette, the exception being my light red lipstick.

"Perfection," She grinned when she was done with me.

"I agree. You could do nothing better," I nodded, blushing.

"Alright, with the blushing bride done, I need to get ready. Where's my dress?" She asked, looking around the room. In the bathroom already. I figured you'd want a bit of privacy," I smiled softly.

"Thank you. I'll be right back," She said, walking off. A few minutes later, Mickey walked out in the short, purple lacy dress.

"Ooooh, it's so pretty," She giggled twirling around.

"It's even prettier on you," I laughed, watching her antics.

"God, Melody, I'm so excited for you. You and Ryan are such a great match."

"Well we kinda have to be; we're Werewolf Mates," I smirked.

"Is that kinda like soul mates?"

"Yeah, but it's on steroids. Essentially, I can always feel what Ryan is feeling, and when he's really emotional I can't stop feeling it but if he's not overly emotional I have to search for it. And works both ways too. And we can read each other's thoughts, we have unique smells that only we can smell, and have black inky marks that are the inverses of each other."

"That sounds so cool..."

"I think so too. My dads, on the other hand..."

"Ryan's a brave man asking all twelve of your dads to marry you," She said and I snorted.

"He told me he was so close to peeing his pants."

"Poor poor boy," Mickey said, shaking her head while grinning.

"Poor boy, indeed."

"So now I guess we wait until someone comes and gets us?" Mickey asked after a minute of silence.

"I guess so. I dunno, I've never gotten married before," I snickered.

"Mel? I'm coming in," Chase said through the door, as if on cue. He did as he said, and just walked in.

"Is it time?" I asked as he entered the room.

"Yeah. Lass, you look amazing," He said out of breath.

"Thank you. I had an excellent stylist. I'm almost done, I just have my shoes left," I said as I waved my hand and placed my white hidden wedges on my feet using magic.

"You ready?" Chase asked.

"No, she's not. She needs her bouquet," Mick said as she placed it in my hands.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Nope, you're good," She told me.

"Then I guess I'm ready," I told him. He offered me his arm and I accepted. My maid of honor followed me as my one of my fathers led me to the giant doors. The procession started, and Mickey walked down the aisle with Carter, Ryan's adoptive brother. Then it was little Samantha as the flower girl and Greyson as the ring bearer. Then it was just me and two of my dads.

"Ready for this?" Dark asked, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Of course I am. That isn't stopping my crippling anxiety though."

"We won't let you fall," Google assured me. The three of us stepped out onto the aisle and all eyes were on me. Well, there's no going back now.

Ryan's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her. My bride. The woman I was making my wife. Everyone else saw her too because they gasped at the sight of her. Not that I blamed them; she was breathtaking.

Melody walked down the aisle lightly holding onto her Dark and Googles arms and she didn't look anxious or nervous, but through our connection, I knew she was at least a little nervous, which made me feel better about my own overwhelming emotions.

Finally, she reached the end of the aisle and accepted my hand, leading her up to the altar.

"You look gorgeous," I told her telepathically and she blushed.

"You don't look so bad yourself," She thought back.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Melody Lupine and Ryan Cormier. Do you, Ryan, take this woman as your wife?" The officiant began.

"I do."

"And do you, Melody, take this man as your husband?"

"I do," She answered, so confident in this decision.

"Then you may recite your vows."

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness," I said, feeling a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm going to have her forever.

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness," She vowed.

"May I have the rings?" The officiant asked. Greyson walked up to him and gave him the rings.

"With this ring, I ask you to be mine. With this ring, I wed thee," I said as I slid the silver twisted vine band with a single aquamerine and amethyst in the center, surrounded by tiny moonstones onto her finger.

"With this ring, I ask you to be mine. With this ring, I wed thee," She repeated as she slid the thick silver band on my finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Finally. It only took half a century. I took her chin in my hand and pulled her in for a soft kiss. We broke apart and I looked into her eyes; I could feel the raw love and adoration she had for me. I heard our friends and family cheer, but I didn't care, I was so lost in those eyes. I almost didn't notice as the officiant began to speak to the last time.

"The newlyweds are heading out briefly for photos and will rejoin us shortly. After that, they would love to greet each of you at the reception. You can expect drinks and dinner to follow. On behalf of the newlyweds, thank you for coming."

"This is the part where we act like the typical fairytale couple and walk down the aisle together," Melody whispered to me. I smiled and offered her my arm which she accepted and we walked down the aisle as husband and wife.