Chapter 31~ Imperfect Harmony

Two Weeks Ago

The Host's POV

"The Host thinks that the danger has passed and we should give Melody some space," I said during a meeting.

"Yeah, it's been a few days and nothing else has happened," Jackieboy-Man agreed.

"We need to do something to make it up to her. I hate it when she's pissed at us," Simon said.

"In two weeks, Melody's school is hosting a talent show. We should sign her up; you know she loves to sing," I suggested.

"Let's keep it a secret. So she can't get anxious about it and drop out," Marvin said and it was decided. We would sign Melody up for the talent show secretly and hope that it would be enough to chip away at her anger.

Present Day

Melody's POV

"You did what?" I hissed at my dads.

"The Hosts repeats that the Egos signed Melody up for the talent show two weeks ago and she only has an hour to get ready."

"Why would you do that? You know I hate singing anywhere but at home!"

"Because you have a talent, Melody, and the world should know about it," Marvin answered.

"There's another reason, I can smell it," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Peanut, I assure you there's not another reason. Now go on, you only have an hour to get ready.

"I'll do it but make no mistake, I'm so fucking pissed at all of you right now!" I said, storming off to my room to get ready.

Jackieboy-Man's POV

"Why did we think that would work again?" I asked, wincing when Melody slammed her door.

"She's mad now, but you know how she gets when performing. She'll thank us later," Google answered and I shrugged.

"If you say so," I shrugged.

Later on

Melody's POV

"And now, last but certainly not least, give it up for Melody Lupine!"

I took a deep breath to calm myself, ignoring the applause before walking onto the stage. The music started and I felt it eat away at my worry.

"You better take it from me

That boy is like a disease

You're runnin' and tryin' and tryin' to hide

And you're wondering why you can't get free

He's like a curse; he's like a drug

You get addicted to his love

You wanna get out, but he's holding ya down

'Cause you can't live without one more touch

He's a good time cowboy Casanova

Leaning up against the record machine

He looks like a cool drink of water

But he's candy-coated misery

He's the devil in disguise

A snake with blue eyes

And he only comes out at night

Gives you feelings that you don't wanna fight