09

WATERFALLS. Swimming, crystal drops of liquid aesthetics, dancing in a pool of rapids. Brilliant rays of artificial rainbows glow over the water like floating Heaven. I feel my eyes taking in the scene, my knees growing weak.

I am one of the rare people who have never seen a real life waterfallーor, I was. Now, standing before me is the most radiant piece of nature I have ever come across.

Harry smirks. ʻʻPretty, huh?ʼʼ He drills his bloody hands into his pants pockets, gazing at the scene.

I shake my head. ʻʻI...you...I refuse to talk to you.ʼʼ I decide confidently, pushing the beauty of the waterfall aside. Instead, I replace the lovely image with the crimson tainted picture of Lukeʼs punctured throat. It fuels my rage.

ʻʻWhy? Iʼm really a nice guy when you get to know me.ʼʼ He insists.

ʻʻWell, youʼre not doing such a good job so far.ʼʼ I spit venomously.

ʻʻAh, ah, you just talked to me.ʼʼ

I roll my eyes.

ʻʻAnd after you just refused to!ʼʼ

I part my lips to say something.

ʻʻLies, lies, lies. How can I trust you?ʼʼ

ʻʻHow can you trust me? Really?ʼʼ I gawk, pressing a hand against my heart.

ʻʻItʼs called ironic humor. Get used to it because Iʼll be using it a lot.ʼʼ Harry starts moving towards the rushing water, hands still casually stuffed in his pockets.

ʻʻWhere are you going?ʼʼ I call frustrated.

ʻʻTo my house. Your welcome to come if you feel like it.ʼʼ He hops onto a small rock protruding from the river, then steps onto another.

I groan and huff out angry breaths, debating in my head the best solution to this dilemma. I doubt heʼd do nothing if I ran away and I donʼt think I can outrun him, especially at night. I sigh, combing my fingers through my hair. After a brief pause of serious consideration, I trail after him.

I warily press my foot against the damp stepping stone. It slightly shifts under the pressure and just the thought of collapsing into this freezing river and being rushed away by the powerful tide is enough to bring me to nauseating again. Harry is many feet ahead of me, nonchalantly skipping from rock to rock. Almost like a gazelle.

Okay, Alice, just focus on not falling in.

With the determination of a rhino, I charge into battle. Charge is actually the farthest from accurate word I could have selected.

I lightly tip-toe onto the next closest rock, this time feeling a tad bit more secure. It wobbles, but not as significantly as the first one did. When I gaze up, I find Harry has vanished. Vanished. He isnʼt anywhere. This abrupt disappearance act has me panicking, because even if I wanted to get out of here, I doubt I could without Harry; and he did say he would take me out after I got cleaned up, implying a way out of this miserable forest.

I swallow air and push on, still slow going. That is, until I hear his voice.

ʻʻIf you donʼt hurry the bloody hell up I swear I will get out there and carry you over my shoulder.ʼʼ

My heart pounds at the thought of him barging out here and throwing me over his shoulder, not from the idea of an incredibly handsome man actually doing that, but from the idea of a psychotic demented murderer doing that.

ʻʻIʼm fine!ʼʼ I groan and aim my foot for the next rock.

ʻʻIf you fall in, Alice, I will have to jump in and rescue you.ʼʼ He grumbles it like it is a chore.

Heʼs bluffing. Of course heʼs bluffing. I keep my head lowered and tap my toe against the third stone. The right side completely collapses under my weight, dunking my foot in entirely. The shock forces a quick yelp to travel out from my lips. Immediately Harryʼs head pops out from behind a large stone. How he fits behind it I do not know.

Embarrassed, I apologize. ʻʻSorry.ʼʼ

He sighs, muttering curses under his breath. He completely emerges into vision, hands still feeding into his cavernous pockets. Green eyes lock on me, and without hesitation he takes easy steps across the churning river directly to me. I start attempting to back up but he grips my arm before I can move away any.

ʻʻNo, no, Harry...Harry!ʼʼ I shriek when he literally pulls me onto his shoulder. I pound my fist against his shoulder blade in Agee, but calm when he moves.

ʻʻShush,ʼʼ He instructs and in less than a minute we are on solid ground. I am grateful when my feet meet the hard earth.

____
So, do you think that Harry deserves to be called a psychopathic murderer? Maybe Alice should chill like wtf
Sorry if this story sucksssss
Please vote and comment it is very encouraging

ali.