Chapter 1

Fate.Fate is what rules our lives. It decides the places you go, the things you do, the people you meet. It decides pretty much every aspect of your life. You don't have tobelieve in it for it to work, it's not like Tinkerbell and won't drop dead if you deny it's existence. They say Karma's a bitch, whose to say that Karma isn't just another part of fate? Something used to get you back on the road that Fate has paved for you. Fate paves the way to not only to your successes but also to your failures. It is not a material being, it's just there you can't change the way it works, it plays its own game and makes up the rules as it goes. It's in charge and you'll do well to remember that. Well, at least that's what my Father told me before he left.

My Dad died when I was three, I cannot divulge any memories of him - not because I don't want to, but because I can't. I can't remember him - or her. Her, she's my mother, she died too; just three weeks after he did. They say that she died from heart break caused by the death of my Father, silly thing die for isn't it? Love. One word, one single emotion, one minuscule tear in an endless ocean of love and loss and heartbreak. It is our most prominent emotion, well that and hate. Some may say fear is powerful - only we learn to hate the things we fear and to fear the things we hate - which is which?

Love can't last forever, it'll one day turn to hate or fear or both, whether it changes back again is debatable. I am not an expert in this sort of thing, I have never experienced love of any kind. Just hate. I have always been hated since I can remember - by who? By my "Parents" well, by my foster carers. I have moved from one home to the next too many times to even remember - none of them ever loved me. 

I am on my way to a new one now. "Get ready for the torture!" came my inner voice.

"Shut up!" I replied in my head.

"Whatever, I wonder who it'll be this time? Maybe we'll get lucky – you should try not to scare them of this time!" It taunted.
I was growing angrier by the second. " Shut it! I didn't mean to save their daughters eyebrows off!" I muttered to myself.My social worker looked at me strangely. I could see her disgust towards me, it was evident in her glow. Every person I have ever met has had a glow, it changes with their emotions. I don't think anyone else notices, guess that's just another reason they think I am insane. I mentioned it once. I'll never make that mistake again, I nearly ended up in the loony bin.

*Flashback*

"How are you today sweetie?" asked Sharon, my care worker. She was upset, really upset. Her glow was a deep blue, a colour of sadness.

" Why are you upset?" a six year old version of me asked curiously. She frowned. "I am not upset pumpkin." She lied, her glow gaining a blackish tint to the edges.

"I know you are, I can see it - your glow is really dark and blue - you just lied to me too!" I replied innocently.

She looked at me in horror, before pulling out her phone and hitting a number on speed dial. She'd called the psychiatric ward at the hospital.

*Flashback Over*

Since then I have been on medication for some sort of mental condition. Of course, I know that I am not sick so the medicine goes down the toilet. I do not want that CRAP from them.

"We are here." Stated Glory, my new social worker. "Please try to keep out of trouble." She said, giving me a pointed look. I stared up at her in anger, who was she to judge - I mean she was a messed up kid too. I saw it when I met her for the first time, I shook her hand and the images flooded my mind. She'd done drugs, sold herself and committed all sorts of other terrible deeds that I refuse to repeat.

"Hmppph." I said glaring at her with rage. Rain began to pour down from the heavens above. I smirked, the weather always did seem to fit my mood. I glared at her a final time as I heard the opening of a door behind me.

I swung around, ready for anything. My gaze softened, as a little girl, of around six came out, tears in her eyes. Almost as soon as it occurred the rain ended, giving way to skies the colour of soaked pebbles and allowing a cool wind to fill the air.

My confusion, anger and need to protect this girl were the only things that I paid any attention to. I sped forward and knelt down in front of her. "What's wrong baby girl?" I asked her in a hushed tone. She continued to sob loudly and reached her hands out to me, seeking some form of comfort. Without hesitating, I reached my arms out to her and pulled her close to my chest. I froze, realizing what was about to happen. I was too late though and the images poured into my mind, images of a boy of around 10 pushing and pinching her. Calling her worthless and stupid and all sorts of horrible names.

Anger flooded my veins, I sprang up as thunder cracked and I felt my chest vibrate as I let out a loud growl. Wait what? - A growl... "How dare he do such a thing to such a young child! I will tear him limb from bloody limb and then stitch him back together so he has to endure fear every day of his life!" My inner voice roared with pure rage. The little girl turned her head up to me, her glow was yellow with a small tint of red. She was afraid - afraid of me, and she was also angry, I imagined myself into her mind and read her thoughts - another strange ability I had. She was angry at herself for not standing up to him, for being weak. I growled again...

"You are not weak, you are strong and powerful. I do not know you but I know that you will be a strong and independent woman when you grow older. It's okay to be afraid of him you know? " I reassured her. She gazed up at me, fixing her sights on my eyes. "Really?" She asked, still trembling. "Really." I replied, smiling. I felt her shift slightly in my arms, "Your eyes... they're glowing!" She said, curiosity clear in her tone. "Are, are you like me?" She asked.

Just as I was about to reply, I heard a loud growling to my left, I dropped the girl to the ground carefully and pushing her behind me swung around to face the person from which the growl was emitted. It was a boy - he was around my age - 16 maybe. He was fuming, his eyes were a dark shade of green, almost black. He stormed towards me, his glow a dark red. "Get away from my sister, rogue!" He yelled, power evident in his voice. I cocked an eyebrow at him. What the hell did he just call me? Rogue? What the actual hell? What did that even mean?

"NOW!" he screamed at me. I felt my blood boiling beyond belief. I was shaking with rage, no one has ever taken that tone of voice with me before and I'll be damned if let them do it again! Thunder clapped and lighting tore the sky in half, the wind picked up to phenomenal speeds and it began to pour it down with rain. I felt myself losing control and knew that any moment I would slip up and end up in deep shit. I glared at him, clenching my fists.

"What's a rogue and why did you just call me that. Never, I repeat Never growl at me again and I was trying to help your sister, Maria, because she was upset. GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS RIGHT YOU DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN!" I screamed back at him.

"Hu-hu-HUMAN?!" He screeched. "I will have you know that I am Beta of this pack and you are tress passing upon our lands! The Alpha will hear about this now and decide upon your fate!" He glared at me, his glow taking on a black shimmer laced with deep, deep red. Anger and Hatred - "oh shit!" I muttered.

Calming down a little I looked at him, "I am sorry but what? I have no clue what you're on about, what's a beta, what's an alpha, what's a pack got to do with this and why am I a rogue!?" I shouted over the slowly dying thunder. He looked at me in shock before racing forward and grabbing my arm in a vice like grip and dragging me towards a huge brick house ahead of us. I had gotten in trouble on my first day - shit had really hit the fan this time - and boy, had it hit hard.