XXXI.

"Ophelia," She stumbled forward and felt bile rise up in the back of her throat

"Ophelia," She stumbled forward and felt bile rise up in the back of her throat. The water made a loud splash as she fell, Finnick was there catching her before she could even blink.

He held her up and pushed the strands of her hair that had fallen into her face back. His sea foam eyes locked with her brown ones, he had a worried look on his face. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked helping her stand back on her feet.

"I-I'm fine," Her voice cracked, and she scolded herself.

He pulls out a canteen full of water from his backpack, "You look sick, here." He hands it to her.

Her shaking hand grabbed the water and brought it to her lips. She took a sip then gave it back to Finnick, he put it back and interlocked his fingers with hers.

"You have to tell me what happened," She looked straight ahead to where the squad was, the two of them were pretty far behind.

"I just remembered something from my Hunger Games, that's all. Seriously, I'm fine." She plastered a smile on her face and continued forward through the dark and dismal water. He knew she was holding something back and it made his heart sink because he was holding something back too.

He walked with her, still holding onto her hand, (and she was glad he was or else she would be having a panic attack.)

"Let's stop right here and rest. I'll take first watch." Jackson shouts from up ahead and the squad stops, the pair finally caught up with them and took a seat next to each other.

Ophelia wrapped her arms around herself and chewed on her lip, another habit she picked up recently. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes even though she knew she couldn't and wouldn't sleep.

Finnick laid his hand on her thigh and her eyes opened, she looked at him. "You know that gut feeling you get when something bad is about to happen?" He asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, why?"

"I have that right now." Her heart sunk as he muttered those words.

Her mouth felt dry as she tried to speak, felt crept up her back and into her mind. "I-" she stutters. "-we'll be fine, let's just get some rest." He nods and closes his eyes.

Ophelia pushed her worry away and snuggled into his arms, and soon sleep took her away.

<>

A distant noise woke her from her slumber, she jolted up with Finnick and quickly looked around her. Everyone stood frantically and circled around Katniss, Ophelia blinked slowly as she tried to process what was going on.