XXX.

(this chapter is slightly graphic so read with caution<3)

Ophelia pulled her knees to her chest and sucked in a shaky breath, Finnick placed a warm hand on her back to comfort her. She looked up at him and pressed a quick kiss to his lips, then leaned onto his shoulder. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep but was interrupted by the Capitol anthem.

She jerked her head and opened her eyes, on the tv was the face of Cressida, then it flashed to pollux.

Finnick's face was next, he chuckled quietly. Then it was Ophelia's turn, she furrowed her eyebrows and started to think. It was weird that the Capitol was paying tribute to the people they once hated; there had to be a reason.

And she was right, just after Peeta and Katniss appeared on the screen it changed to Snow.

She felt her breath hitch in her throat as she stared into his blue eyes, she felt her face heat up in anger. Everything she that happened to her, everything that happened to Finnick— it was his fault.

She wanted nothing more than to feel her hands around his neck, squeezing the life out of him.

She didn't realize it at the moment but she dug her nails so far into her palm she had cut through skin. Warm blood dripped slowly down her palm and to her wrist.

"So Katniss Everdeen, the poor unstable girl with nothing but a small talent with the bow and arrow is dead. Not a thinker, not a leader; simply a face plucked from the masses. Was she valuable? She was extremely valuable to your rebellion because you have no vision, no true leader among you. You call yourselves an alliance but you don't know what that means, your soldiers are at each other's throats-" he looks away from the camera and to something else.

"For those of you who don't know me allow me to introduce myself, I am president Coin, leader of the rebellion. I have interrupted a broadcast from your president in which he attempted to defame a brave young woman, "a face picked from the masses" he called her, as if a leader- a true leader could be anything else. I had the privilege of knowing a small town girl from the Seam in District 12, who survived the Hunger Games and the Quarter Quell; and rose up and turned a nation of slaves into an army! Dead or alive Katniss Everdeen will remain the face of this revolution, she will not have died for nothing." She pauses and takes a breath.

"Her vision and ours will be realized, a free Panem. With self determination for all, and in her memory we will all find strength to rid Panem of its suppressors, thank you, and be safe."

The screen faded to black and Ophelia finally felt like she could breathe again.

"Hey, you're bleeding." She glanced down at her hands, they were caked in blood. She suddenly felt embarrassed, she never tried to hurt herself before but it was so easy and she liked it and that was was embarrassed her.

Finnick stood up and grabbed a med kit from a backpack, he sat back down beside her and pulled some gauze out.

"Don't worry, Snow thinks we're dead. We're safer than ever." She just nods, not even bothering to make a noise.

His large take her small ones and he looks into your eyes. "I love you and that's all that matters, as long as I'm alive no one will ever touch you or hurt you again." She smiled and he went back to wrapping her hands.

<>

"Snow's at his mansion, where is that?" Katniss says turning on the Holo and setting it on the table.

Cressida bends downs and points at the Holo. "That's us, that's the city circle. It's at least 70- 75 blocks north."

"75 blocks?" Finnick asked.

"Uh huh." She mutters.

"Nobody knows we're alive, it's our chance. These buildings, these look over Snows gardens?"

"They do."

"If he goes outside at all I'll get a clear shot." She declared, resting a hand on her hip.

"We're getting ahead of ourselves here, weather they're looking for us or not. Hit that button, scan for pods." Jackson added pointing at the Holo.

"Just at about every 10 steps."

"So we can't go anywhere in the streets-" Messalla was cut off by Jackson.

"And the roof tops are just as bad."

"There might be another way."

<>

"My brother knows these tunnels very well." Ophelia climbs down the ladder following Katniss. "He worked sanitation down here, right after they made him an Avox." Castor says dusting his hands off.

The squad made their way through the tunnels not stopping till they got to an underground railroad.

They quickly hid behind a wall as a train carrying Peacekeepers flew by.

"We're too exposed here." Katniss muttered, and she was right, they had no where to hid expect the wall.

Pollux pointed forward and started to run towards a door diagonal from them, they quickly followed and entered. It led to another ladder that went even further down. One by one they climbed down and followed Pollux, through wide and narrow hallways.

"How's your hands?" Before Ophelia had a chance to answer Finnick's question a loud sound filled her ears and air shot out of the pipes above them.

She ducked down quick, which caused a wave of nausea and lightheadedness.

"Everybody okay?"

"Yeah," Katniss replied.

<>

The next place Ophelia found herself was walking through knee deep water in the dark, memories of her Hunger Games flashed through her mind.

The wind nipped at her skin as she ran through the woods, Ruby was right on her heels chasing her with a large knife. She had to do something soon because her legs were starting to ache and she was not good at running. She almost leaped for joy (expect she couldn't because she was running for her life.) when she heard the stream, which lead to a large lake. Once she reached the lake she dove in and Rudy did the same, Ophelia swam all the way down to the ground and waited for the other girl to reach her.

Ruby's red hair was the first thing she saw, and she got an idea. Ophelia pushes herself upward and grabbed her hair, the girl screamed but she kept pulling her until she reached the bottom where she let go, Ruby's fist collided with her cheek before she could do anything else. Pain spread throughout her face, she got a sudden burst of adrenaline from the pain and punched the girl in the throat.

She obviously got the air knocked out of her and that was her chance. Ophelia swam up and crawled out of the lake, she grabbed a nearby stick and waited fo Ruby to come up for air.

But she didn't. She waited and waited, but still nothing. Then a hand poked out from the water, then the rest of her body. It floated to the surface, but stayed still. Ophelia's heart dropped as her canon when off. She put a hand over her mouth to stop the sob from coming out. She stood slowly and shakily and brought three fingers to her lips then raised it to the sky.

<>