Chapter One

Samantha Wattson was just emerging from the shower when she heard her phone start to buzz on the marble countertop. She wound the towel around her body and lunged forward to grab the contraption just before it bounced itself onto the cold hardwoods below. The smile that popped up on her face when she saw Harry, her boyfriend's name, pop up on the screen must've been blinding.

I don't know why you couldn't have come to the venue this morning rather than doing whatever you're doing.

She giggled.

You left me exactly 20 minutes ago.

She set her phone down while he responded, taking a few moments to moisturize her face.

It was 22 minutes ago if we're being exact.

Samantha couldn't help but smile again. She knew he was annoyed about having to leave her that morning. She had to admit, being apart from him for any period of time was also hard for her. But she had a few errands to handle today which meant Harry was on his own at the venue until she finished.

He pouted about it all morning. Typical.

She was just finishing getting her jeans on when her phone buzzed again.

Can't wait to get you back to the room tonight. I'm gonna kiss every inch of your body.

Samantha tapped her screen to respond.

Rufus needs food, do you still want the organic stuff? I know you hate it when he has loose poo.

She set her phone down as she pulled her shirt on, grabbing it when she heard it buzz again.

Did you read what I said? I'm not letting you out of my grasp once I get off this stage.

Oh and I'm gonna grab some protein powder while I'm out. Any flavor you fancy?

She giggled, almost able to feel Harry's irritation through the phone.

Vanilla. Maybe I'll sprinkle it all over you and lick it off.

Samantha turned her nose up.

Really?

Gimme a break. I was trying to be provocative. You're ignoring my advances.

Samantha felt her heart squeeze in her chest. The last year with Harry had been like a dream. The two of them were so in sync and in love that some days she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't actually in a dream. She had never felt more appreciated or appreciative in her life. They had come so far from their first meeting sometimes even she was shocked to realize just how amazing things were.

She sighed out a deep breath.

I love you.

His response came almost immediately.

I love you too

She smiled as she set her phone down, looking up into the mirror, she leaned forward to being her makeup. Just as she lifted her mascara to her eye she heard her phone buzz. She looked down at the phone to see Harry's name.

Please hurry. We miss you.

A picture of Rufus followed.

She tapped her screen to respond.

Maybe I'll save some stuff for later while you're on stage. I'll see you in an hour.

-------------------

Samantha made it back to the venue just in time to catch Harry's final song soundcheck. She found a spot in the sound booth area, smiling at Harry's sound engineer as she leaned against one of the boards. Within seconds she was lost in his voice. Lost in his movements. Lost in him. Even the slight readjustment of his earpieces made her heart swell to twice its size.