16 - I'd Rather Not Say.

It takes me a few moments to put my finger on it but when I do I almost choke on air. Ryder.

"And you must be Eliot, Have a seat!" the therapist greets him enthusiastically.

"Ryder." he corrects.

"Ryder, sorry about that. Well have a seat Ryder."

He rolls his eyes and walks fully into the room.

The moment we made eye contact I could swear I saw the color drain out of his face.

He decides to completely ignore my existence and walk past me like he didn't just almost pass out when he saw me. Typical Ryder asshole stone.

"This'll be fun to tell everyone at school." I whisper to Alex, my lips slightly tugging up into a smirk.

"Shut your goddamn mouth Laynie we don't need to get beaten up by him or any of his gaurd dogs." Alex nudges my shoulder.

"So guys while the othe-" the therapist starts but is again interrupted by someone coming through the door.

A guy wearing a blue sweater that looks like it should fit but for some reason doesn't, black jeans and high top black converse.

"You must be Eliot." the therapist says with a smile

"Uh yeah umm.." the guy nervously laughs.

"Welcome Eliot! Have a seat and we'll get started." the therapist says and someone else comes in while eliot finds a seat.

This time, it's a girl. Black hair, brown eyes, a white oversized sweater, blue jeans, and white sneakers. Not going to lie she looks really pretty.

"And you miss must be..." he takes a look at the paper on the table "Blair!"

"Yep that's me" she says with a 'I'd rather be on my death bed than here' face.

Now that I think about it, I think her and I are going to get along just fine.

She takes a seat without waiting for the therapist to continue.

"Alright, let's get this thing over with." she sighs, sitting down on one of the chairs carelessly chewing on a piece of gum.

"Okay... Now that everyone's here, let's get started! I'm Robert, you can just call me rob though.'" the therapist says. "So first let's start by introducing ourselves and telling each other why we're here shall we? Blair, why don't you start?"

"Sure, why not." she says, her tone laced with annoyance. "I'm Blair, 17, and I'm here because my mom thinks I'm fucked up in the head."

Next is the Eliot kid.

"I'm Eliot, 16, but everyone calls me eli, and I'm here because uhh my aunt thinks I should get help. She thinks I have social anxiety but I'm fine. I'm also recovering from Anorexia, if that matters somehow." he mumbles.

When he noticed everyone staring at him he continued "M-My mom's dead.. So my aunt kind of takes her place."

For some reason I want to just hug him, he seems like a sweet person.

Rob mumbles on about something before it's asshole's turn.

This should be fun to watch.

"I'm Ryder, 17, and I'm here because...." he makes eye contact with me.

"...Never mind." he shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Ryder it's okay, you can tell us. No one's here to judge you." Rob says in a comforting manner.

"Yeah Ryder you can tell us why you bully kids at school for fun!" I say with fake enthusiasm.

"Laynie." Rob warns in a firm voice.

"I'm here because..."

"Narssistic Personality Disorder I bet." I scoff and Alex nudges my shoulder.

"Just ignore that Ryder, carry on please." Rob gives me a warning look and I ignore it.

"I would rather not say." Ryder mumbles.

"That's alright Ryder, you can open up to us when you're ready." Rob smiles softly "Alex, why don't you go next?"

"I'm Alex, I'm 17 and I'm here because my dad thinks I'm depressed."

And now it's my turn, great.

"Laynie, 16, I'm here because this gentleman right here forced me to." I point at Alex.

Alex lightly chuckles and explains "She's actually hear because she has pretty much all the symptoms of depression and social anxiety, she just doesn't want to admit it."

I roll my eyes in response.

I don't have depression or social anxiety, I don't think I do, it's just sadness and shyness... I hope.