PROLOGUE

The Autumn moonlight shines through the multicolored trees. Frogs croak by the moonlit river, crickets chirp throughout the fields and the distant lights of a kingdom slowly flicker off, as the inhabitants check in for the night. The wind blows, making a soft whistling noise throughout the forest.

Everything is quiet.

But not for long.

A figure runs through the birch trees. Cloaked in black as they hop from tree to tree, they reach the edge of the kingdom's limits and halt in their running.

As they halt, they look up into the walls surrounding the kingdom, looking out for any guards.

The cloaked man looks towards the sentry stations, seeing some guards, sitting and talking. They have something in their hands, beer bottles. Laughing and acting stupid.

They're intoxicated. Perfect.

The cloaked man raises his hand and more cloaked figures appeared in the trees.

The cloaked man turns and jumps from the tree their on. The others follow, until they are all at the base of the trees. The man nods and the others spread out around the wall. They raise their hands, fiery magic spewing from them, catching the trees on fire inch by inch.

"If this all is going according to plan...", The cloaked man states,"...then the insiders should have started as well. We burn the city, leave no survivors, and retrieve the Red Sun. Get ready for the whistle and prepare for a successful battle."

A whistle echos through the valley, the intoxicated soldiers not seeming to notice. They continue to laugh and party above on the walls, music blaring on the late night, as what happens after ever Gathering Day.

"Soon the power of the Red Sun will be ours, and we will strike back the ones who have shamed us. Left us to rot in the Badlands for so many years. They wont be able to stop us with this artifact, bowing to our every word under the power of the Redstone God. We will change the code of the future..."

Smoke begins to rise from the now burning forest fire. The soldiers are beginning to take notice and panic. The other cloaked figures charge into the city, yelling in bravery.

"TELL THE ROYALS!!!"

"EVACUATE THE CIVILIANS!!"

"PREPARE THE SOLDIERS!"

 But they are too late.Every thing is going to plan. 

From inside the city, an explosion is heard, and a red beam of light shoots into the sky with power ,the sky above it slowly turning a crimson color. The cloaked man smirks as screaming and chaos is heard in the kingdom walls.

"They've done it. We're free."

"The Red Sun Never Sets..."

-------

A small child runs through a field of grass panting , disturbing a quiet peaceful night. He turns a corner and his golden eyes look behind him in fear. Three creepers are onto him at full speed, and he has no way of defending himself. 

He looks forward again in fear.

"DAMN! I SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO SHELBY THIS TIME! I SHOULD'VE TAKEN EXTRA MATERIALS!"

He spots trees coming up ahead.

Perfect.

He jumps on to the trees and hops from each one, laughing. Now the creatures can't follow him! Especially through the dense dark wood forest!

The boy gets a glimpse of the ground below as he looks behind him and he yells in shock as he spots them still chasing him.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!? I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING FROM YOUR NEST YOU IDIOTS! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" 

 The redhead boy looks forward to see the trees ending and tries to stop in his tracks, but to no avail, as he falls from the trees and into a valley below yelling, as he begins to fall to his demise...