Chapter 17: Daredevils and Cheaters

Cady wakes up. She can not remember what time it is but it seems that the night is still young. She can not remember how she gets to the table nor how she placed her head on it to take a nap. As she goes back to her senses, she looks around and notices people are drinking yet some are already quite exhausted from all the partying.

She notices Ronald and Murdoch on their chairs, partly awake. Celery is lying against Michael's chest, hugging him. Kathleen is flirting with Jasper and surprisingly Latoya is also at there table, apparently trying to cuddle Hunter which he does not seem to reciprocate too but neither is he bothered by her actions.

"Cady, you're awake. Michael and the group are just talking about going back to school." Hayden tells her.

"Is the party already over?" Cady ask, wondering why the music is still playing.

"Not yet actually, people are still dancing and playing some casino games." Hayden responds to her.

"So are we going already or not?" Michael tells the group impatiently.

"Oh yes, I just got a reply from our driver that our bus is good to go." Latoya answers as she caresses Hunters's face with her hand.

"Alright, lets go then!" Michael tells everyone as he claps his hands to startle his group to follow his lead.

"Is this everyone?" Cady asks as she is expecting more people to join in.

"Relax girl, our bus service is special, I already told Gloria about it and she said she has the staff at hand to take care of the party." Latoya answers Cady confidently.

Latoya leads the group to the room that she and Cady used to enter the party.  In the process, Latoya hands Hunter a knapsack, which he is willing to carry for her.

Cady looks around the place which sort of gives her a chill on the fact that they would pass by Gloria's dressing room again. As they pass by the hallway, they arrive at the elevator. Latoya presses the down button and the group waits for the elevator door to open.

Michael, Jasper and Hunter start to pretend they're soldiers and they form a gun with their hands. At first, their childish actions seem to be ridiculous to Cady and the group start to giggle and laugh but knowing that the three boys are just imitating their favorite compiter game 'Cradle of Fear'. Hayden, Ronald and Murdoch start to play along. All the guys seem to be in sync as pretend heroic soldiers. The girls continue to giggle around and soon the girls start to play along and they become soldiers as well. Latoya on the other hand insists that she is a damsel in distress that they have to rescue, even if it is not a game character.

The elevator opens up and everyone gets in. Latoya begins to moan and scream as she starts to play a role of some sort of psychotic damsel in distress. Everyone starts to laugh at how Latoya plays her role. It seems to be the happiest and noisiest elevator ride ever. With all the silliness Latoya is doing, she adds even more drama by jumping up and clinging on Hunter's body. The elevator moves up and down a bit with this action and everyone continues to laugh.

They reach the basement and the elevator opens. Everyone start to get off and with that Latoya acts more responsible as she calls the bus driver to fetch them. It is not long until the bus passes by and opens it's doors. Everyone gets in the bus. By then, most of the group has already stopped playing their soldier game. The bus is noisy, as some of the boys are still joking around. Cady observes their new bus driver. He seems to be very serious and tired as he has to drive that very morning.

"Carlos, drive us back to Delta" Latoya tells the driver.

With Latoya's instructions, the bus driver hits the accelerator and they begin their journey home. The bus ride is relaxing. Soon everyone start to calm down. As they leave the city, everything seems to be in a quiet slumber, it is slightly dark and all they can see are the street lights that guided the bus out of the inner city. Moving to the outer ring, the people there seem to have a different way of living. There are neon lights everywhere. Kids of all ages are still awake and very active. Women with the most prerogative clothes are standing along every corner of the road.