Once A Legend

Author: concussive

Description:

Max Destin is a legend.

In a world of espionage, intelligence agencies, gangs, smugglers, mercenaries, and thieves, nothing is ever certain. Power can shift in the blink of an eye, a wad of cash can turn a friend to a foe, and justice does not always come to fruition. It's a world of sleight of hand and sly tongues. Those who have survived in it know that sometimes it's best to stay silent and press on; those who have thrived in it are world shapers . . . or willing to do anything for power.

Max Destin has evaded intelligence agencies across the world for years. She has been called a ghost, a nightmare, a verifiable catastrophe. She has more allies than friends, is largely unreachable, and entirely unpredictable. With so many different people after her, be it for arrest or payback, she mostly stays off-grid. Under the radar. And she doesn't break that for just anyone or anything.

Until she does.

Her actions have always been questionable at best and confusing at worst, but so many appearances in such a short span of time has individuals and organizations across the globe riled. After all, Max Destin is a menace. Max Destin is a threat. Her presence has the potential to mean anything from smugglers being arrested, to world leaders being accosted. So the pressing question on everyone's mind is -- why?

All the world can do is wait for an answer with baited breath.

She almost feels half bad about it. Almost.

COMPLETED

ALL AUDIENCES

Followed by Twice A Ghost