Chapter 3: training announcement

The pain that I was expecting didn't come, making me open my eyes slowly to see two people in front of me. Loke had opened his own gate again and had thrown himself over me in a hug seemingly ready to protect me but it wasn't needed.
"Natsu" roared Laxus, who was in front of me and Loke, his lightning magic striking out around him.
"How dare you? How dare you! You filthy little coward, you dare to attack Lucy when her back is turned? You couldn't even face her head on so you decided to try and attack her back, how dare you?!" Laxus yelled and I saw that scales were starting to appear along his arms and face, he was activating dragon force.
"Laxus you need to calm down" I said gently as Loke helped me up seeing as my legs were shaking.
"No he dared, he dared to attack you, he can't be forgiven" Laxus snarled, his magic getting even more violent.
"Laxus please, please stop" I sobbed as I threw myself on him, hugging his waist making him stop instantly and his lightning stop as he looked down at me.
"It's okay alright? He didn't hurt me, it's okay just calm down" I smiled with tears in my eyes.
"Lucy" Laxus whispered as he gently reached down and then picked me up.
"Let's get you out of here" Laxus said and I nodded my hands curling into his shirt as I cried. 

I wasn't sure why I was crying, perhaps for being ignored? Maybe it was the fact that Natsu had kicked me off the team? No, that was a lie. I knew exactly why I was crying. Even though he had been ignoring me I had never thought that he would actually attack me.
"Lucy dear, are you okay?" Makarov asked as he came up to the second floor.
"Yeah I just, I just" I tried to get out threw my sobs but it wasn't working very well.
"Just try to calm down, it's okay bunny girl" Gajeel said softly patting my head as Wendy hugged me also crying.
"The nerve of that brute, how dare he?" Evergreen demanded. Slowly with the help of the others I calmed myself down as I pulled myself off Laxus's lap and sat on at the table as Mira placed a strawberry milkshake down. 

"Thanks, sorry for all the trouble" I whispered with a smile.
"You shouldn't be the one to apologise, I can't believe Natsu" Lisanna huffed.
"It's fine he more than likely just has a few things going on right now, it's no excuse but it's okay no one was hurt" I said and they all looked at me shocked but nodded knowing that I wouldn't want them to be angry or upset at Natsu. "Master, would I be able to talk to you?" I asked.
"You're not going to leave the guild are you Lushee?" Happy asked, looking horrified and depressed.
"You silly cat, what gave you that sort of idea? Of course not, I am not going to leave my family for something as silly as this. You are not getting rid of me you stupid cat" I said fondly and he beamed at me before going back to trying to woo Carla leaving Master and myself at the table the rest of them had excused themselves for now. 

"I am sorry for Natsu, that boy really needs to have a firm talk to" Makarov apologised.
"It's fine Master really I just have something to tell you" I said and he nodded gesturing me to continue.
"I might not show up to the guild for a while, I'm not leaving the guild or anything like that, I could never do that" I said when his eyes went wide.
"Thank Mavis for that, I do not think my old heart would survive losing one of my children because of one of the other children" Makarov sighed in relief.
"I am just going to head back to the Heartfielia estate for a visit since I purchased it, I haven't been back so seeing my family's graves will be good for me and I am going to take the time to train for a bit" I explained.
"Lucy dear you do not need to train, you are already much more powerful than others give you credit for" Makarov said and I nodded.
"I know I am Master, with everything that we have been though I would hope that I wouldn't be seen as weak but I have yet to become S rank or be nominated so I want to train so I can be depended on more. Then when I come back I can show all those that doubt me the true power of the celestial wizards, I feel I have only just scratched the surface" I explained and he nodded.
"Very well, how long do you think you are going to be gone for?" Makarov questioned.
"Hm, maybe six months, I know it is a long time and I will miss you all dearly" I decided, putting my head down so I didn't meet his eyes.
"My dear if six months is what you need, take it while you may be away from us, you will forever be part of our family. Even if my other children are acting stupid" Makarov smiled and I nodded with a grin.
"I will make sure to check in with my Lacrima so that you guys don't worry so much and it will be great to get training tips from the others" I smiled and he nodded.
"Take it one day at a time and do not rush, you are young and still have many years before you" Makarov said as he headed to the bar, making me smile. 

That was the easy part now to tell my friends about this. Somehow I don't think that they were going to accept it as easy as Master had.
"Hey guys can I talk to you for a moment?" I enquired with a smile. Wendy, Charla, Happy, Lily, Gajeel, Laxus, Freed, Mira and Lisanna were the ones here at the moment. The others were either on jobs or flirting like Bixlow, making me smile.
"What is it, Lulu?" Lisanna asked.
"Well Lis-chan, I have decided to take some time off from the guild, I am not leaving the guild. Like I told Master and Happy this place is my home and you guys are family but I need some time now" I explained.
"If this is about flame brain I can always teach him a lesson" Gajeel glared getting up.
"No it's not, well he is part of the reasons but I have been planning it for a while. I want to go back to the Heartfielia estate and visit my parents' graves. And I can take some time to enjoy myself and get stronger as well so it's like a training vacation" I said making Gajee huff but sit back down.
"How long are you looking at going?" Mira enquired.
"Around six months" I told them and they looked at me shocked.
"That's a long time" Wendy gasped looking at her hands and I smiled.
"I know it's a long time but I will have my lacrima to talk to you guys and you can always come and visit when you are in the area plus I will be back before we know it" I smiled and they still looked unsure.
"If blondie wants to go we should support that, it will help her out a lot" Laxus sighed and I beamed at him making him look off for some reason.
"Well you know what that means right?" Mira grinned widely.
"What?" We asked, confused.
"Sleep over at Lucy's" She cheered, making me smile at the thought of them all in my little apartment.
"Sounds good I will head out and get everything ready, meet there at five okay?" I asked and they nodded as I headed out of the guild. 

When five rolled around all of my friends even Gildarts turned up making me laugh as I let them in. That night we all ate, drank, played games and genuinely had a lot of fun knowing it was the last time in a while I would have fun like this I took it all in. 

The next morning they all saw me off to the train station and then even Master joined us, making me tear up as I waved goodbye to them making all the girls tear up while the boys tried to hide it.
"Last night was fun but tomorrow the real work begins" I stated determinedly as I sat down wiping my tears away.