ch 1

a/n hang on cuz it's about to get bumpy

bumpy and cliche (also if there's like a letter that's the pov) (k is me holla) yeah also sorry for mistakes OH AND KELSEY IS FROM OKLAHOMA NOT KENTUCKY I PROBABLY SHOULD'VE WORKED THAT IN SOMEWHERE BUT OH WELL PEACE
-

j

I was rudely awoken by the bright sun shining directly in my face, shaking me from my dream. A dream where me and my girlfriend, Kelsey, were married, spending the rest of our life together with no interruptions. Thinking of her put a lethargic smile on my face, and I reached my hand out, searching for her petite body on our mattress. I frowned when my search came up fruitless, and slowly cracked open my eyes. I sat up and looked around the room, lazily rubbing my hand across my slightly stubbly face. My frown deepened when I noticed the absence of her purse, and the panic set in when I didn't hear the shower running, no clanging of pots and pans in the kitchen.

I jumped out of bed, not even bothering to put a shirt on, and rushed out of the bedroom, socks slipping on the hard wood flooring. I skidded to a halt once I reached the living room, my eyes scanned the living room for a trace of my girlfriend. I let out a frantic, "Kelsey?!" when I, once again, came up girlfriend-less. I searched the kitchen and living room twice, though I knew what had happened, I refused to accept it. Kelsey couldn't have left me, she loved me. That thought was the only thing keeping me sane right now. She loves me.

I walked defeated into our bedroom, numb. I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands, processing what had just happened. She just left. No goodbye, no kiss, nothing. She left me alone. I threw myself back on the bed, and stared blankly at the ceiling, sifting through all of my favorite memories. I couldn't help the sad smile that played across my face as the memory of when I first saw her danced through my mind.

I got the ball at the tip-off, passing it to my teammate Ryan, and ran straight through two opposing team members, turning back around and asking for the basketball. When the ball hit my hands I spun and dribbled forward, dodging the other team's attempts at stealing the possession. As soon as I got close enough, my eyes focused on the net, I stopped, and took the shot. My eyes followed the ball and watched as it flew through the air, bounced off the back board, and fell through the net. Two points Raiders. As I was running back to half-court with a smile on my face, I glanced at the crowd. My heart stuttered as I came face to face with the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Long, blonde hair tumbled in waves down her back, and sharp, blue eyes glinted under the fluorescent lights in the gym. She was jumping up and down, cheering for us, and that's when I noticed she was wearing a Raiders jersey. She must of felt me staring because those gorgeous baby blues shifted to meet my eyes, and I tripped over my own feet at the sudden eye contact. Once I collected myself, I looked back at her and saw her holding back a laugh. I flushed when I realized she was laughing at me, and vaguely heard my coach yelling at me to "Get my ass to the tip-off!" I did just that, and the game went on.

When we met.

I was at my locker putting my books up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, expecting it to be one of my teammates, but my heart started beating in my chest when I saw those familiar cerulean eyes. "Uh... h-hi." I managed to get out, and my heart started, if possible, beating even faster when her rosy lips tugged up into a smile, showing her straight, white teeth. "Hi! I'm Kelsey!" she said, sticking out a hand for me to shake. I lifted a shaky hand and placed it in her smaller one, gripping it tightly. "I'm um... I'm Josh." her smile widened as she said, "Josh... I like that."

Our first date.

I was so nervous I could throw up. Where was she? Oh god did I give her directions? Did I even tell her what park to meet me at? Does she even like picnics? Was she allergic to grass? Oh god she's allergic to grass. I'm going to throw up. I was seriously contemplating being sick in the picnic basket when I heard her yell, "Josh!" I stood up to say hi, but before I could turn around I was nearly tackled to the ground by a hug. As I stumbled to keep my balance, she giggled, and oh what a wonderful giggle that was, and said, "Sorry, I'm just happy to see you." my heart leaped into my throat. "I'm happy to see you, too."

Meeting her dad.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jean-clad legs as I walked up to her front door. I rang the doorbell and stood, get more anxious as the time went on. What if he doesn't like me? Is he as nice as his daughter? Oh who am I kidding no one is as nice as Kelsey... my musings were cut short when the door flew open, it was not Kelsey though, it was a very tall, very muscular, very scary man, shooting daggers at me. I was very nervous again and my heart jumped out of my chest when his deep voice grumbled, "And who are you?" I could feel the hostility rolling off of him in waves. I cleared my throat, and tried to compose myself. "I'm Josh, sir, nice to meet you." I tried to say it as calmly as I could. "Yeah, sure." he said as he looked me up and down, studying me. I audibly gulped. Just as I was thinking of high-tailing it back to my car, Kelsey came bounding down the stairs. She noticed the tension straight away, as she ran up to her dad and planted a kiss on his cheek, followed by, "Well Daddy don't scare the poor guy! Hi Josh!" she said cheerfully as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I was shocked still by the gesture, and could barely force out a greeting. "Well dad, we better get going. See you later!" he harrumphed, glaring at me as I said, "Bye, sir."

I sighed and turned on my side, ready to go to sleep and forget about the world, when I saw a piece of paper I hadn't noticed before. I grabbed the paper and sat up, my hope growing as I realized she probably just went to the grocery store. This epiphany had me unfolding that paper faster than the blink of an eye.

j,
if you're reading this then you're awake, and you probably know I'm gone. I'm a small town girl, I just can't handle L.A. life. The car horns and the traffic and the smog isn't for me. Being with you made it slightly more bearable, but it was unbearable all the same. So I'm going back to Oklahoma, and by the time you read this I'll probably be on my way to LAX, so don't bother coming after me. You'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me. You'll find someone who doesn't mind city life, and you'll fall in love with her and forget all about me. That's what I need you to do, Josh. Forget about me. I love you.

always,
k.c.

I just stared at the paper in shock, not knowing what to think or what to do. It felt like someone was stabbing my heart with a thousand knives. I just lost my girlfriend. Stab. She told me not to come after her. Stab.bShe told me to fall in love with someone else. Stab. She told me to forget about her. Stab. Well sorry, Kels, but I'm not giving up that easily, I though as I pulled on a shirt and shoes, grabbing my car keys on my way out the door.

-
a/n yeah I know nothing about basketball ALSO idek if that's the mascot of his highschool I just looked up josh Hutcherson high school and saw something about raiders so yeah well that was a shit storm. but yeah I feel like it's too long at least that's what it feels like on my phone but yeah I added a whole lot of shit and took away Kelsey's pov bc I felt like that would've made it too long at it would've been too much but yeah that happened and get ready bc in the next part it's going to BE FUCKING CLICHE LIKE DAMN 13 KELSEY LOVED THAT SHIT

also if u want to follow me on social media that would be cool so

Twitter: personal- @kelsecope
5sos- @the1975kelsey
Instagram: @kelsecope
bye

-kels