Chapter 4

Lea had been in the bathroom for almost 3 hourrs. It was 6:00. Lea checked her wrist watch she had found at the school's lost and found. Lea was really stressed. She had a big old bald spot on her head! Her face looked like Bloody Mary, and her stomach ached like hell. Lea actually thought dying right now, would be better than to suffer like this. 

   If Lea stayed in the bathroom forever, she would eventually die, which really didn't seem like a such a bad idea at the time. But if she got out, she would be beat even harder than what Kolen did. She knew that if she was still in the bathroom by the time her parents and Allison got back from work and school, then she would for sure be dead. Her dad was the first to come back home. He cam back at 6:15 from work. She didn't have much time before he did. "You're going to have to come out of there sooner or later!" Kolen exited. He laughed. "What am I going to do?" Lea whispered to herself. She couldn't be beat anymore. 

   She couldn't take it. She could barely stand up. Her stomach needed rest, food, air. And everything else. She hadn't ate since lunch time. And even then all she had was a clumsy old apple. And she didn't even finish it. She had about 3 bites of it before Abby came along and swiped it out of her hand. Lea's legs also hurt. Her head felt disconnected from her body. And she was losing her train of thought...fast! She managed to get up and grab the door handle. She needed to get out of the bathroom..quick before her parents cam home, or else, she really was DEAD. Kolen was downstairs, so that was good. He wouldn't hear her. 

   She twisted the door handle and opened it. She peeked her head of the bathroom door and ran to her room. "Yes!" she said. She heard footsteps come up. "OH no!" she said. She quickly hid under her bed and began crying. She forgot to shut the bathroom door. AND LIGHT! Now Kolen would know she was out. He went to check on Lea. Not really, he just wanted to scare her. Lea began crying harder, but she knew she needed to shut up, or else. Kolen found the bathroom door wide open, and the light switch on. "Oh, so I see. You've come out now. Bad choice, twerp!" said Kolen. He searched all the house. Including Lea's room. When he got to Lea's room. She stopped crying and shut her eyes. "I know you're in here!" Kolen furied. Lea's heart began to race. She managed to pull her arm up to her mouth to see what time it was. 6:16. Her dad would be here any second!

  Lea saw Kolen's shoes from under the bed. Then, it was quiet. Kolen had left the room. But something else happned. The garage door opned! Her dad was home! Oh No! Lea quickly got up from under her bed, shut the door, and locked it. She didn't cry becuase she knew she would get hit again, this time harder by her dad. Lea knew she was going to ache badly by the end of the day. "Lea!" Her dad screamed from the kitchen. Lea got up, quickly whiped herself down, and exited the room. "Come here and help me get the groceries from the car!" he screamed even louder. She knew her dad wasn't going to call again. Instead, he would just find her and beat her. 

   So, she went. When she got to the kitchen. Her dad laughed at her. "Hahahaah! So, Kolen beat you that hard?" he joked. Lea felt tears coming. She whiped her eyes and looked down in shame. "Now, go to the car and get the rest of the gorceries for me! Make your self useful," he said. So she went and did what he said. She worked out her body, her aching body. When she was done, she scurried off to her room. Lea felt hopless. She didn't want to spend the rest of her life like this. Look at her! She was nearly torn to pieces! She needed help. She was suicidal. She thought dying would be better than living in this nightmare. Lea needed help desperatly, or one day, they'd all find her lying on the floor, dead.