❯❯ Storms ❮❮

~3rd Person~

Jake always loved storms. He loved watching the rain roll down the windows and if the power even went out he would act like a spy and run around his house. That was when he was 7. It hasn't changed for him though now when the power goes out he pretends to be batman only difference.

Amy was a bit different. She never liked storms, because of her brothers. You see they would use her fear of small spaces to their advantage if the storm ever got to bad they would put her under the steps to keep her safe, and you know scare her. She also always hated how if the power went off she lost her reading light. Also she hated getting soaking wet after she just took a shower.

Jake and Amy had different take on storms, and that was sometimes the best thing. When Amy's small -actually large- fear of storms ever appeared Jake would make her feel safe, but on this particular day something different happened.

~Jake~

I sighed as the storm was so bad we couldn't leave the precinct. Amy was at home sick, and Terry went home early to be with his kids when he heard how bad the storm is. Charles did too along with Gina. So here I am stuck at the precinct with Holt, Rosa, Hitchcock and Scully.

I closed my eyes and then thunder was loud, louder then before. I sighed and then my eyes widen realizing Amy is at home alone. I dialed her number as quick as I could, but when she didn't answer I was scared.

I grabbed my jacket and raced downstairs not caring about how bad the storm was. Amy was alone and even though she hid it well I knew she was afraid right now.

~Amy~

It was a normal sick day, and then the power went off and the thunder boomed and the lightning cracked. I shrieked in fear as I heard the thunder again. I started to hyperventilate as the walls started to shrink in on me. I scrambled to the corner of the room with my blanket. I took deep breaths as I tried to remain calm.

I heard the thunder go off and again and started to cry. I saw my phone vibrating and ringing, but I couldn't grab it. I wish Jake was here right now...

~3rd Person~

Jake was bolting down the streets fighting the storm. He could get killed, but he wasn't worried about that all he cared about was getting to Amy. He finally got to there apartment building and ran up the steps. He got to their apartment and right as he unlocked the door. Thunder boomed and his fiancé screamed again and he could hear her cries. He rushed in closing the door behind him locking it in a millisecond and making it into their bedroom.

He knew he was soaking wet, but also that she wouldn't care he looked around before he found her in the corner shaking and crying. He walked over slowly and picked her up before setting her on the bed. She looked up at him fear and concern in her eyes before she kissed him. He knew she did it just to make sure he was real and he kissed back.

"I'm here Amy everything is ok," he whispers resting his forehead on hers. He tried to move away and she grabbed his arm.

"Don't go please," she cries.

"I'm not I'm just gonna change and dry off and then we can cuddle," he replied calmly and she nodded lightening her grip. He kissed her forehead and removed her hand as he changed and dried himself off the best to his ability.

He got in bed by her and pulled her closer being the big spoon knowing she needed it. He felt how tense she was and kissed her cheek and neck and head until he felt her relax a bit. "Jake?" she asked quietly.

"Yes Ames?" Jake asked sweetly.

"Why are you here and not at the precinct?" Amy asks softly and scared grabbing his hands and he traces patterns on hers as the thunder boomed and the lightning lit up the room causing her to jump and nuzzle herself as close as possible in the process she let go of his hands and he used them to rub her back.

"I did something very stupid, but I'm safe with you," he whispered.

"Jake? You didn't?" she said about to cry again. "You didn't drive through that storm!"

"No..." he sighed and she relaxed. "I ran through it." She jumped from his embrace as the thunder broke the silence and also in horror of his stupidity.

"You could've gotten yourself killed," Amy says now in tears. Scared for his safety, and of the storm.

"I'm fine though," Jake says softly not wanting to cause her to break anymore. She had gone back to the corner and he grabbed a blanket and sat by her offering it to her. She took it trying to stay quiet.

"Ames be as upset as you want. I know it was stupid. I ran through it though to get to you, and be here with you..." he whispered. She sighed and laid her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her as he moved to the corner and just moved her to his lap.

She soon fell asleep as he rubbed her back and stroked her hair. He kept her close to him as he kept her calm and safe. He stayed in the corner not daring to wake her as he soon fell asleep there.