❯❯ Too Stressed ❮❮

Amy's Thoughts

Jake's Thoughts

~3rd Person~

Amy wasn't having a good day. Her case had no evidence that the main suspect did it. Or that anyone did it. The robbery of Hailey James's home would remain unsolved even though her hunch was pointed to the little brother who wanted the inheritance she got which was what was stolen, but he had an alibi that had plenty of witnesses.

She remembered all the other cold-cases she had. She knew it happened sometimes, but she hated when it did. She had been stressing over this case for a week, and she didn't even have Jake to calm her down after all he had been doing a stake-out with Rosa. Her stress cigarettes were also a no-go. She had finally quit with the help of Jake and she wasn't about to make her life shorter.

Jake and Rosa's stake-out was on a big drug-lord who they knew unloaded at a new location every night. They knew he was coming to the location they were staking out soon they just have to wait. So Jake has been asleep when she is at work and gone when she is at home. She sighed and bit her lip. She finished the report, dropped it off on her captain's desk, and suddenly her dark thoughts came out.

Jake doesn't deserve a self-doubter.

Look around the office they are all judging you for not solving it.

What would Jake think?

Jake will hate you when he finds out you didn't solve this case.

Holt is probably reading it and judging you. Then he is calling Jake to tell him.

Amy gulped and suddenly the quietness of the work environment became loud to her. She ran off and Gina surprisingly was the one to go after her which caught Terry's attention causing Charles and Holt to follow. Amy ran and locked herself in the storage closet by the bathrooms which was the largest one that they kept Amy's stuff in to not trigger her claustrophobia. She slid down the door and started crying the stress getting to her.

Terry was the first to knock on the door. "Amy you ok?" Amy didn't reply she just stayed quiet biting her lip to try and muffle her sobs. Gina looked at the rest before she shook her head when Holt was about to knock. She motioned toward the main area and they all sighed but followed. She dialed her practical brother's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Yes Gina?" Jake's voice ask tiredly through the phone.

"We have an issue at the office... It involves Amy." That's all Gina had to say before Jake's eyes shot wide open and he was rushing around the house getting ready. He had hung up on Gina and was sprinting down the streets of Brooklyn.

He got there in record time and they all heard pounding of feet from the steps and everyone turned shocked when they saw Jake Peralta come barreling up jump the mini-fence area and rush to the storage room where Amy was.

"I told you all that he would get here faster than ever," Gina said after they all finally snapped out of the shock at how fast Jake had got there.

Jake knocked on the door after he got told where Amy was from Gina, and he heard Amy's soft, quiet voice say, "Go away." Jake's heart broke and he knocked again.

"Ames. Can I come in?" He heard shuffling and when the door opened a crack and he saw his beautiful girlfriend with tear stains and red puffy eyes; Jake's heart broke more. He opened the door more and walked in and then shut the door behind him.

He opened his arms and Amy was in his arms sobbing in two seconds flat. He rubbed her back and slid down the
door and let her lean on his chest. He didn't care how tired he was or how his shirt was getting soaked all he cared about was Amy in that moment. He stroked her hair and whispered sweet calming words. She looked up at him and his heart shattered completely. His tough work loving girlfriend had the most broken look on her face.

"You hate me don't you." she sighed and he gaped at her.

"Why would I hate you?" Jake asks and he racked his mind for anything Amy could've done which would've caused her to worry even though it would be stupid.

"I couldn't solve my case. Holt called you didn't he. He told you all about it and now your here to break up with me and hate me!" she cried and Jake gasped.

Where could this come from?

Maybe Its, because we haven't seen each other...

Nah...

Hmmm. What about the fact she just quit smoking and doesn't have a way to take her stress out and she repressed it til now.

Nope doesn't sound right... Wait!

Yes It does!

"Ames, I could never hate you! And I would never break up with you. Let's go home and we can cuddle and watch any movie you want, or we could sleep, or we could just go home and cuddle in general. Whatever you want." After he said that she looked at him and nodded. He stood up and helped her. He handed her his leather jacket and she thanked him as they walked out of the supply closet.

Holt stood in his doorway and gave a questioning look. Jake shook his head in response, and Holt nodded. Jake had an arm around Amy as they walked to the garage and got in her car. He made sure she was buckled in the passenger seat since he knew she was probably over-thinking something.

Once they got back to the apartment he noticed Amy fell asleep and he lightly smiled. He picked her up Bridal Style and carried her up into the apartment and then their bedroom. He changed her out of her work clothes and into comfy clothes. He then put his sleep pants back on, and laid down in bed next to her. She cuddled into his arms and they both fell asleep.

~That Night~

Jake had called Rosa and told her what happened. She assured him that she could just bring Charles in, so he could stay with Amy. That's exactly what she did. She brought Charles in, so Jake could stay with Amy.

Jake was making a late night snack when Amy woke up finally. Jake smiled at her as she walked out. He handed her a bagel and she took it gratefully as she ate it and he ate another one he had made. They didn't have to say anything to each other to know that this was the best night of the week just because Amy was finally truly relaxed and Jake was there to just be there.