O'Brien

[DISCLAIMER: We do not own Just My Luck]

.

.

"Hey... do you wanna grab a bite with me?" I asked as we pulled up to our apartment building.

There's something with Stella. It's something that's drawing me to her and that whenever I see her, she was in a position like I was when I had the bad luck.

"You know what, I would love too." Stella replied as we got out of my car.

"Good," I grinned, "I know an amazing little American diner just up the road." I stated as we both started to walk down the street towards the busy street.

"You know, I don't really know you that well," Stella said which was true, we knew nothing about each other.

We arrived at the small restaurant I was talking about, "Well, over dinner we can get to know each other, you know play twenty-one questions or something." I said as we took a seat.

"Sure." She smiled at me, her eyes sparkling.

We ordered our food before beginning.

"Full name?" I asked.

"Stella McKenzie. You?"

"Dylan O'Brien." I nodded. "Coke or Pepsi?"

"Coke!" She laughed. "Popcorn, sweet or salted?"

"Sweet. Dream job?"

"I want to work in an orphanage or something." She blushed lightly. "You?"

"An actor. Which I'm already being!" I grinned.

"Ohh. I'm friends with an upcoming actor," Stella said wiggling her eyebrows, I just laughed.

"Erm, favourite school subject?" I asked.

"Science. Love experimenting, yours?" She asked.

"Drama and science. I also love experimenting too." I winked, causing her to blush.

I was about to ask another question but our food finally arrived.

"Oh thank God, I'm starving after working at the dreaded music shop. You know, recently I have had the worst luck in the world." Stella explained, talking a bite of her pasta.

"Oh, I know the feeling." I said, copying her. I looked over at Stella who was chewing her food but her face was slowly turning red.

"Oh.. Wow. This-This has quite a," cough cough, "kick to it." Stella said, taking a sip of her drink which didn't seem to work.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Stella nodded but you could tell she was not, "Hey, i'll call over the waitress to see if I can order a glass of milk." I told her, looking for someone near by before standing up to walk over to a waitress a few tables away.

"Hi, excuse me. Sorry, could I get a glass of milk for that table please." I said, pointing to my table.

"Oh, yeah, sure. I'll be there in a few." The waitress smiled before walking away.

I turned back to face Stella and I's table to see Stella herself standing up and opening the cap of salt, taking a pinch and throwing it over her shoulder.

Wrong move. Believe me, I tried that before which was a big mistake.

The salt must've been thrown into to the eyes of the waitress with the glass of milk. The waitress let out a small yelp, spilling the milk over another waiter who then dropped all the food dishes he was holding over a couple who were dining.

I quickly rushed over to Stella who was stood shocked in her place. I took out some cash and threw it on the table before grabbing Stella's arm and running out of the restaurant.

We kept running, before we came out to a park. Stella sat down on a bright blue bench, breathing heavily.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I said warily.

"Why not?"

I pointed behind her to the 'Wet Paint' sign.

"For gods sake." She muttered, standing up, and turning her head to see the blue stripes across her back.

"Here," I said, draping my coat over her. "That covers up most of it."

"Thank you," she smiled.

All of a sudden, the rain started chucking it down, both of us getting drenched.

"You've got to be kidding me!" She yelled loudly.

I honestly thought she was going to burst into tears or something.

"Hey hey, Stella, it's fine, okay? Come on, I'll take us home." I said, holding her hand in mine and leading her on the walk back to our apartments.