Lure or be Lured

We can't just let her go alone out there!

And we can't just leave the place unguarded. Know your stand. The Cullens will help her.

How sure are we? That they won't kill her after?

We aren't. But we'll kill them if they do.

They continue to scout the area. The Cullens had informed them that James' mate might still be lurking around town, one reason they needed to stay behind.

--

James knew Malia's on his tail. He had a good head start from Forks, if it weren't for the little conversation of the Cullens and the pack, Malia would've gotten to him in an instant.

Even chased, he still has the upper hand. He'll get to Bella first, and once he does, she'll have to lose yet another human from James. Malia shakes that thought out of her head. She's with Alice and Jasper, they won't let him get that close to her. But Bella, she's stubborn in her own way, and maybe that's what worried her.

"Bella.. what a nice place you have here." Laurent said on the other line, it was linked to home.

"Bella?.. Bella-?.." she heard from the background.

"Mom! You played us! Don't you dare hurt her!"

"I can't promise you that. It'll be hard to resist human blood. I see why James would set out just for you but if we can't have you, I guess your mother is the closest."

"No! Please. Please, don't hurt her. Take me. Take me instead." She begged over the phone.

"I'd be happy to. You know where I am. Go alone."

Bella had caused enough trouble for everyone. She's merely a human trapped in a war between Vampires and werewolves. Who's willing to save her, but her mom, she needs saving, and she's the only one who can do that right now.

Alice and Jasper was at the Lobby waiting for the others. They were arguing but Alice assures him.

"Everything will be fine, as long as Bella stays in her room."

Then something shifts in Alice's vision. She froze seeing it play in her mind. It didn't looked good. There is a slim chance of saving two lives tonight.

The figures were moving fast. The other you can't barely see.

Malia crashes through the doors of what looked like a ballet studio, with mirrors all over the walls and handrails, it was hard to see but the floor itself is made for dancing.

She gets there, not a hint of exhaustion, her eyes glowing in the dim lit hall.

"Hello, Malia." Laurent taunts her, they walked in circles never meeting each other.

Laurent was stalling, and she was studying her strategy. Her low snarls making Laurent look back at her for caution.

James emerges from the darkness, holding Bella, tightly but not to break her just yet. That'll be for the finale.

"You got yourself a pet again." He looks at Bella with thirst in his eyes. "I never thought you'd let yourself get this attached to a weak human. What a stupid wolf." He exposes his fangs at Bella.

Malia charges at James, taking him by the shoulders. He held Bella that she was dragged out too, but he loses his grip as he focused on Malia, holding off her sharp teeth trying to bite his head off. By the corner of her eye, she sees Laurent headed for Bella who was down from impact. She grabs James by her teeth and threw him at Laurent, sending both backwards, they were able to slide back up on the other side.

Bella gains conciousness in the center of the room. The only human in between two hungry vampires and one werewolf. Outnumbered, she takes them head on.

Laurent goes for the hind legs and James for her neck. They tackle her down. But she's a fighter, she glances at Bella who was now able to stand, their eyes meet, and it was telling Bella to run while she can. James catches it, they bite Malia and their nails dugged through her white fur, blood stains on it. With Malia weakened, James goes for Bella, grinning as there are no more interruptions or so he thought.

Malia manages to kick Laurent off, he senses the Cullens had arrived and called for James to leave but he was too caught up in the fight he was gonna finish it.

Malia manages to jump over James, but he throws her over the mirrors. Emmet and Jasper takes him down holding him off his arms. But his thirst is deadly. He shakes the two at Malia and they all fall back on the ground.

Edward takes the opportunity to get Bella out, but James gets a grip on his ankle and throws him back to the ground. Leaving Bella unguarded.

Alice arrives with Carlisle and they get to Emmett, Jasper, and Malia. They see she had taken a lot of attacks, surprised to see her still able to stand.

The battle between James and Edward seemed to go longer, but in reality, they moved quickly, even with Bella's blurry sight, it only happened for a few minutes.

Edward made the mistake of looking over the whimpering wolf at the corner of the room, James grins before punching then kicking him far off.

He gets to Bella. Edward glances at Alice's worried face.

The chances are slim. It is very slim, and with James choking Bella, it gets more clearer.

"I see I've found a valuable thing. How about we trade? A human for a wolf?" This is the game his been looking for. "Tick tock, tick tock." He taunts them.

It didn't matter now. Edward knew that whatever they choose he'll still do it. His leisure gets from making Malia guilty over the deaths.

"We'll be taking both." The Cullens charge at James, with Malia at the back following. He takes a bite on her wrist.

Emmett and Jasper gets a hold of him this time they're not gonna let go.

"Let Malia, finish it." Edward tells them.

She marched high despite the wounds, growling, her eyes flared up. The last thing James saw was the broken wolf he had chased had always been his greatest fear.