Chapter 8

"Excuse me Daisy, but what are you doing? I told you not to come back!" Lily said, hands on her hips, pursing her lips.

"Um, you gave me a choice. You told me to either go back and not come back or come back with a different costume. I came back, but with an even better costume." Daisy retorted.

"Oh, you're such a try-hard," Marlene replied scathingly.

"You think you're going to get the best costume award? Nuh-uh, not happening," Mary sneered. Lily looked at her encouragingly.

"Oh, come on Lily, you resort to your idiotic gang for help? Pathetic," Alice snarled.

Lily scowled. By now, there was a large circle forming around the two groups, Slytherins in the front. The students were starting to chant "fight".

"Look! The Mudbloods and their gangs are fighting!" Daisy heard Bellatrix whisper, clearly interested.

Lily blushed, she had clearly never dueled before, but neither did Daisy,. Lily looked around to see if a Professor was watching, and Daisy shared an eye roll with Alice.

"Okay, Lily! First, we bow to each other in a duel," Daisy said as if she was talking to a small child, a smirk plastered on her face,

Lily went pink but did as told.

"I know what to do," Lily muttered.

"I'll allow you to choose your first spell," Daisy said to Lily.

"Levicorpus!" Lily yelled.

Daisy ducked, avoiding it by inches. A poor Hufflepuff 6th year was hoisted into the air by his ankle and started screaming. Lily turned crimson and muttered "Liberacorpus!" to let him down.

"That's one of Snivellus' spells," Alice whispered to Daisy.

Daisy nodded. She had to do a better job with spells than Lily.

Daisy held her wand out. 'Rictusempra!' she thought.

Lily immediately started laughing, gasping for breath. She fell on the floor and James looked at Lily surprised. Daisy could have sworn he looked a bit disgusted.

Daisy could see Lucius staring at her, clearly impressed, out of the corner of her eye.

"Daisy! I didn't know you could do nonverbal spells!" Alice asked, a bit shocked.

Daisy shrugged.

"It was my first time trying," Daisy replied.

Alice looked at her wide-eyed.

Lily recovered and took her place again. She narrowed her eyes, clearly racking her brains for the right spell.

"Stupefy!" Lily yelled.

"Protego!" Daisy said inside her head.

Immediately, a shield was formed between Daisy and the spell, and Daisy was saved, while Lily was thrown back.

Lily muttered profanities and stood straight, chin up. This was clearly bruising her ego.

"Petrificus To-"

"Expelliarmus!" Daisy spat.

Lily's wand flew toward Daisy.

"I think we're done, then," Daisy said, out of breath.

Alice patted Daisy on the back.

Everyone cheered and started going back to the tables for food and drinks.