Bodyguards

UHHHH? YALLS I CHANGE POINT OF VIEW IN THIS CHAPTER, (I only do this a couple times in the whole story, back and forth to Fenrir, once with Jorgen, who you meet later, and another with Fen, so this is a once in a while thing, but for real, enjoy)

Music: Plot Twist - Marc E. Bassy, Kyle (this song gives off heavy Fenrir vibes, basically just what he feels like right now)

VOTE N'STUFF

-rabid

******************

Boston.

That's where we are.

"Having a moment?" Sauerkraut stands next to me. I'm staring out onto the street below North Station, better known as TD Garden.

"Yeah, a couple moments," I sigh. He nods.

"Let me know if you need anything." With that, he disappears back into the station. I follow behind him, we're taking the T to the hotel. All 23 players, coaches, PT guys, equipment managers, everyone.

Nobody recognizes anyone on the train. Which is a miracle because all of our bags are graveyard in the rain grey and tagged with the team name. Guys have bundles of sticks, it's pretty damn obvious who we are.

But hey, they're Boston people. They don't give a damn shit. They're here to commute. I'm here to play.

Fenrir stays close to me as we walk into the hotel. I'm bunking alone, which is a relief.

I'm standing in my window when I decide something. I need to visit my friends. We have all day today free. They're just supposed to do light work this afternoon in preparation for the game tomorrow.

So I head to CVS, and I get stuff. A lot of stuff. Buying things this freely still feels weird, I've never done it before, so when the mile and a half long receipt shows up, I'm stunned.

But I work through it. I've got enough stuff to supply a small village, which is about what I need.

So I lug it back to the hotel, and up to my room, where I pack it all into small bundles and backpacks.

I've got fifteen bundles, and about that many people I need to find. I need help, I can't carry this through the city on my own.

So, before I know it. I'm standing outside Sauerkraut and Greenbean's door.

-FENRIR-
There's a knock on the door, Yeti and Greenie look up from their game of cards. I stand up from my laptop and look over at the door. They knock again. I wander over and open it. It's Nico. She's grinning.

"Hey," I mumble. Jesus christ, it's like I forget how attractive she is every time I look away.

"I need your help." She says. I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh good, Yeti is with you,"

"Huh?" Yeti mumbles from across the room.

"I need hands to carry stuff. We're going on an adventure."

"Nico, it's cold out." Greenbean sighs.

"Yeah, I know, we're visiting my old friends." I raise my eyebrows. The other two make an 'oh' noise.

"Okay, uh, shoes. I need better shoes." I look around. I brought dress shoes, boots, and skates. That's great. "How far are we going?"

"Probably five miles? All walking though."

"Uh, okay," I scratch the back of my head. The other two are pulling on jackets.

"Meet me in the lobby in ten." She closes the door and I look around at them.